Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Move over Thordsen, there is a new player in town...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Move over Thordsen, there is a new player in town...

pix502594564.jpgpix552087991.jpg
    http://www.gunbroker.com/item/643471251

This looks like it mounts over a mil spec buffer tube and screws into the standard pistol grip attaching point.

Cheaper than a Thornsten, adjustable length, pistol grip feel and holds a 2nd magazine. VERY CREATIVE!

Heres the discription:

Easy to install! Installs on any Mil-Spec buffer tube Easy to remove!

Shooting an out of state match? No problem, a few seconds with an Allen wrench will allow you to re-install your collapsible stock without disassembly of your rifle

Ergonomic feel! Our combination features, such as our comfortable comb and adjustable length of pull makes this “featureless” stock truly shooter friendly by allowing the shooter to tailor the rifle to his or her needs. The wide comb provides a match rifle worthy cheek weld.

Adaptability! Two sling mounting points, including an ambidextrous OD socket, make this stock adaptable to any use.

Spacer adjustable length of pull (3spacers are included)

Wide comb for a comfortable and secure cheek weld

Ruggedness! Our use of glass filled injection molded nylon along with brass and stainless hardware make the OPTION ZERO “hard use” rugged!

Tactical advantage! The combination of our “featureless” design and on-board magazine stowage means that for the first time since 1999, a CA shooter can purchase an AR-15 that’s actually capable of being deployed as a self-defense carbine. One 10rd magazine in the rifle and an easily replaced extra 10rd magazine on board means that a shooter will have at least 20rds available on their rifle when things go “bump in the night”

Color: Black
    pix481546379.jpg
    Choices are always good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-zr9Pdda4Y
    Last edited by Hannco; 07-29-2017, 07:13 PM. Reason: Edited to add corny video
    "Except the Lord build they labor in vain that build it." I firmly believe this; and I also believe that without his concurring aid we shall succeed in this political building no better than the Builders of Babel: We shall be divided by our little partial local interests; our projects will be confounded, and we ourselves shall God governs in the affairs of men. I have lived, Sir, a long time..."
    Ben Franklin, arguably our least faith driven founding father

Nice, But the Thordsen Gen 3 is so much better; trying to control the rifle without being able to wrap your thumb around the grip is extremely difficult!

Add In the difficulty manipulating the safety
    Last edited by Mrprovy; 07-29-2017, 07:27 PM. Reason: More thoughts after watching the video

Comment

https://survivorsystems.com/pages/option-zero
      Last edited by Hannco; 07-29-2017, 07:29 PM.
      "Except the Lord build they labor in vain that build it." I firmly believe this; and I also believe that without his concurring aid we shall succeed in this political building no better than the Builders of Babel: We shall be divided by our little partial local interests; our projects will be confounded, and we ourselves shall God governs in the affairs of men. I have lived, Sir, a long time..."

Comment

Variation on a theme. No thanks.
        mmgrfle.jpg
        Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnslayer View Post
          Variation on a theme. No thanks.
          mmgrfle.jpg
          In my opinion, a significant improvment adding a mag holder and the correct grip angle at a reasonable price.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrprovy View Post
            Nice, But the Thordsen Gen 3 is so much better; trying to control the rifle without being able to wrap your thumb around the grip is extremely difficult!

Add In the difficulty manipulating the safety
            carbine-web.jpg

Looks like a thumbhole stock to me.

Putting any one of these features on a semi-automatic rifle with a detachable magazine will qualify the firearm as an "assault weapon" under the Safe Act:
            Folding or Telescoping Stock
            Protruding Pistol Grip
            Thumbhole Stock
            Second Handgrip or Protruding Grip that can be held by non-shooting hand
            Bayonet Mount
            Flash Suppressor
            Muzzle Brake
            Muzzle Compensator
            A threaded barrel designed to accommodate attachments to the barrel
            Grenade Launcher

Comment

Originally posted by Hannco View Post

carbine-web.jpg

Looks like a thumbhole stock to me.
              There is a gap between the end of the buffer tube/cover and the stock.
              https://www.longislandgunclub.com/fo...ordsen-gen-iii
              Steve

Comment

Originally posted by vmtcmt View Post

There is a gap between the end of the buffer tube/cover and the stock.
                This picture seems to say otherwise.

In any case, as others have stated in the Thordsen Gen 3 thread, there is the possibility of getting jamed up anyway, and in my opinion that possibility is much greater with the Thordsen than the Option Zero.

PLUS there is the grip angle, stock length adjustments, mag holder and the ability to carry a 6 position normal state stock with quick adaptability when traveling to consider

Comment

The U-15 stock U-15Rifle-M4.jpg (long since discontinued) looked way more promising.

Comment

I look at these and the only thing comes to my mind is: FUAC!

Comment

We have thumbs and they're not just for jerking off.
                      No one ever wished they didn't have a gun.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnslayer View Post
                        The U-15 stock U-15Rifle-M4.jpg (long since discontinued) looked way more promising.
                        I'm not sure if that was sarcastic or not, that thing looks like a beluga whale had sex with an AR.

Comment

Originally posted by Guess Who View Post

I'm not sure if that was sarcastic or not, that thing looks like a beluga whale had sex with an AR.
                          All bastardized ARs are ugly. But from what I read at the Calguns forum, the U15 was the most ergonomic of the options. The grip supposedly mimicked that of the M1 Garand. It was made of painted wood which lended itself to further adjustment by the end user.

Comment

I applaud the guys who are making things like this.

I hate the fact that they have to make it.

There are only two choices when it comes to needing stuff like this. Fight the laws, or move.

I took the easy road, I'm moving. Hopefully one day I can sit on my hill and watch NY, CA, and the rest of those states fall into the abyss. Cause that's the only way it's ever gonna get better. I wish those that stay here all the luck in the world.

The escape is half complete. The inventor of Hawk fishing. (soon to be seen on ESPN 8 the Ocho)

Comment

Why can nobody get this right ?

Comment

Working...
                              X