I Need An AR Barrel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Banzai View Post

Depending on how picky you are about your barrel specs, I'd recommend the pin and weld option or the 18" barrel cut down as well, but have a qualified gunsmith do it so the rifling is nice and clean when all is said and done. The NY compliant barrels are somewhat limited on what you can get, ie., maybe you want a combo of an HBAR with fluting, or nitride, or a 1:8 groove instead of a 1:9...you're not gonna find those options in a pre-made NY compliant barrel.
    I'm of the opinion that pinning and welding a thread protector doesn't mean you still arn't in possession of a threaded barrel. SAFE prohibits threaded barrels. Period. Whether the threads are accessible or not doesn't appear to factor in on whether its legal.

Comment

Originally posted by Grifhunter View Post

I'm of the opinion that pinning and welding a thread protector doesn't mean you still arn't in possession of a threaded barrel. SAFE prohibits threaded barrels. Period. Whether the threads are accessible or not doesn't appear to factor in on whether its legal.
      Yeah, its one of those things we just don't have a specific answer on because the NY law is intentionally vague and it's never been tried in court. But any prosecutor in NY who would dare try that would have to go in direct opposition to the ATF which has very specific details about what constitutes a compliant barrel, and that's pinning and welding. I don't see anyone ever getting convicted if they went by the ATF specs, but would never fault anyone who wanted to play it airtight safe, either, and stick to a target crown.

Comment

NRA, NYSRPA, SAF member, Freeport R&R.

Comment

I have the blocks and wrenches, call me if you need them and I won't pack them
          Take a young person shooting.... Take 2 or more if you can...

Comment

Originally posted by NRATC53 View Post
            I have the blocks and wrenches, call me if you need them and I won't pack them
            Super! I'm gonna need those. Let me get the parts bought.

Comment

http://www.jsesurplus.com/wilsonarms...dstripped.aspx

Comment

A certain unnamed member loves spinta precision.I think they pay you to buy the barrel.

Comment

Ballistic Advantage for the win! $165, non threaded, .556, 1:7 twist, 28 oz.

16in_5.56_mid_modern_non-thread_1[1].jpg
                  Last edited by spider; 10-08-2017, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel1 View Post
                    A certain unnamed member loves spinta precision.I think they pay you to buy the barrel.
                    They're all threaded.

Comment

Originally posted by spider View Post

They're all threaded.
                      Call them up, my buddy says they're accommodating...They can probably send you one that's not threaded

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel1 View Post

Call them up, my buddy says they're accommodating...They can probably send you one that's not threaded
                        I will call them tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by spider View Post

Super! I'm gonna need those. Let me get the parts bought.
                          Ok, I'll unpack the box now. Called you, you didn't answer
                          Take a young person shooting.... Take 2 or more if you can...

Comment

Originally posted by NRATC53 View Post

Ok, I'll unpack the box now. Called you, you didn't answer
                            I'm not there.

Comment

3.3lb!?!?!? Jesus

Comment

Originally posted by Dank27 View Post

3.3lb!?!?!? Jesus
                                And it's fluted.
                                The non-fluted version weighs 8.2lbs. It's made of unobtainium.

Comment

Working...
                                X