X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Franklin Armory non NFA 11.5" AR?

https://www.google.com/amp/www.thefi...r-11-5-ar/amp/
    REFORMATION: Franklin Armory Hacks The NFA With NO SBR 11.5” AR

Franklin Armory just announced the Reformation – an 11.5 inch barreled AR15 with a stock that does not require an NFA Tax Stamp. Would you like to know the secret? Are you ready? Lean in really close to your computer/mobile device/teletype machine:

I HAVE NO CLUE HOW THE REFORMATION GET AROUND BEING AN NFA FIREARM.

But I made a few guesses, as did other staff here at TFB. Here goes:
    • Smoothbore barrel – averts rifledefinition?
    • 26” OAL with a barrel less than 16” – averts rifle definition?
    • One pull of the trigger, one round fires – averts rifle definition?

As it stands now, we will all be forced to make guesses for about a week – Franklin Armory isn’t releasing any information until the Industry Range Day on the Sunday before SHOT. So let’s hear your guesses in the comments section below.

* The first person to correctly guess the reason the Reformation isn’t a rifle or NFA firearm will get a TFB patch. – U.S. Only. Void where prohibited by law.

bolt action?
    Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnslayer View Post
      bolt action?
      I don't think that's it. It appears to have their binary trigger.

I'm thinking it has something to do with AOL. I bet that stock is fixed in the short position. I just don't understand how that would get around the NFA wording though. I am very curious.

Comment

Originally posted by Lostinthewoods View Post

I don't think that's it. It appears to have their binary trigger.

I'm thinking it has something to do with AOL. I bet that stock is fixed in the short position. I just don't understand how that would get around the NFA wording though. I am very curious.
        It wouldn't. The nfa wording for an sbr includes EITHER an oal under 26" or a barrel under 16". 11.5 in barrel means it should be a no go so it isnt that.

Comment

Think barrel is pinned to upper so it’s a one piece

Comment

Originally posted by Heartlessmcfly View Post
            Think barrel is pinned to upper so it’s a one piece
            Wouldnt matter, official barrel length measurement is muzzle to closed bolt, you can add stuff to the muzzle side but not chamber side.

Comment

I might guess that it's a modified upper receiver so that the bolt carrier group is further back, when you measure it with a stick from the muzzle end, it meets 16 inches.

Comment

Originally posted by SirMixAlot View Post
                I might guess that it's a modified upper receiver so that the bolt carrier group is further back, when you measure it with a stick from the muzzle end, it meets 16 inches.

Thought that too. But the bolt catch in the pic is then not functionial.

Comment

reformation1-770x367.jpg

Official Press Release:

REFORMATION
                  Redefining Firearms

Minden, NV, January 11, 2018 — Innovative firearms manufacturer, Franklin Armory, has brought another out of the box idea to the firearms industry. Known for their ground breaking American made products such as their Binary Firing System, F17 series rifles, and the XO-26, Franklin Armory has changed the industry once again. The new products are part of the Reformation line of patent pending NRS firearms, and the first SKUs in the Reformation line include a non-NFA configuration with an 11.5″ barrel and a conventional stock as depicted below:

Having already received approval as a non-rifle from the Chief of the Firearms Technology Division, Reformation will be shipping without any onerous NFA paperwork required.

Franklin Armory President, Jay Jacobson, noted, “The patent pending technology employed in Reformation will create a whole new market segment that will not require NFA approval.”

Comment

It's gotta be smoothbore. Only way I can think that it works. Good luck hitting anything with it.

Comment

I think it may even be NY legal. NY definition of a rifle

11. "Rifle" means a weapon designed or redesigned, made or remade, and intended to be fired from the shoulder and designed or redesigned and made or remade to use the energy of the explosive in a fixed metallic cartridge to fire only a single projectile through a rifled bore for each single pull of the trigger. No rifling, no rifle. Shockwave the sequel....

Comment

Smooth bore? Just what I need, a rifle you can't hit anything with.

The effective range can't be too far.

Maybe it's a muzzle loader.
                        John Valuk is dead. He fell on his head.

Comment

Lot's of speculation that it's smooth bore with a rifled muzzle device. I'm just hoping it ends up being safe act compliant somehow. I would buy one just to say FUAC.

Comment

Modified gain twist rifling that starts way ahead of the chamber?
                            Post count uber alles!
                            Saying we don’t need firearms because we have the Police is like saying we don’t need fire extinguishers because we have the Fire Department.
                            Rich or poor, it's good to have money!
                            If 'pro' is the opposite of 'con', what is the opposite of 'progress'?
                            If at First You Don't Succeed, Skydiving Is Not for You.
                            A nation of sheep, invites a government of wolves.

Comment

There's something funky going on with the back of those receivers.

Comment

Working...
                              X