Franklin Armory non NFA 11.5" AR?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mosin1942 View Post
    There's something funky going on with the back of those receivers.
    Thats a qd point for a sling.nothing too wild.

Comment

Rainier arms makes them, so do a bunch of other companies. Capture+_2018-01-12-13-17-26.png
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Exonautic View Post

Thats a qd point for a sling.nothing too wild.
        First time I'm seeing one; learn something new every day, huh?

Comment

3 predictions on this:

1) smooth bore with a rifled muzzle device (permanently attached)

2) binary trigger only. Negates NFA definition of a rifle as that definition identifies one characteristic of a rifle is 1 shot per each trigger pull. (while the binary trigger doesn't fall into definition of a machine gun either)

3) muzzle loader

Comment

Smooth bore/rifled bullets?
            No Better Friend, No Worse Enemy

- U.S. Marines

Comment

Or a chamber throat that has some sort of rifled lugs that could impart spin right at ignition.

Or maybe it doesn’t exist yet and they just want to steal our ideas to build something.

I would think it has to be built to sell so I’m thinking common use ammo and at least AK accurate.

Comment

mossberg made a .22 in the early 40's(TR22) that was a smoothbore and it had a rifled muzzle adapter
                A word to the wise ain't necessary, it is the stupid ones who need advice.

What doesn't kill you ... will circle around for a second attempt.

Comment

If it is a rifled muzzle device it would have to be removable or it would be considered part of the barrel. That's why extended flash hiders and brakes are permanently attached to shorter barrels to bring them to 16". I think a rifled throat would still be a rifled barrel. It would just be a really short barrel with a long extension that still doesn't meet the min length requirement. Jan 23 suddenly feels a long way off...

Comment

Barrel is smooth... but has an electric motor that spins the barrel really fast.

Comment

Cumho says No! PERIOD!

Comment

If this is NY legal I will buy one. Assuming it’s smooth bore we can call it a 21st Century Brown Bess.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMongoose View Post
                          It's gotta be smoothbore. Only way I can think that it works. Good luck hitting anything with it.
                          So it's an AR that shoots like a Mini 14?

Comment

Originally posted by SlowTime View Post

So it's an AR that shoots like a Mini 14?
                            More like a mosin

...or an ak
                            Vaminos is all you need to say, we're gonna move eventually
                            Pull the suckers off of one row, then turn around and do it again -
                            WNM

Comment

The only answer Franklin gave on this is that it is not a smoothbore. Definitely interested to see the work around, hopefully its something i can do in my shop. Nothing like circumventing tyranny.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosin1942 View Post
                                There's something funky going on with the back of those receivers.
                                Quick detach sling mounting point, that's the only oddity I see.

Comment

Working...
                                X