Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could this work with SAFE ACT

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2.../ledesma-arms/

I am just curious if this would work with a pinned or fixed stock? It appears to be the same angle as a thordsen and would be a cheaper alternative. thoughts?

I'm going with an obvious NO..
    ..."
    a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon"...

Comment

This was designed specially for CA law cause their definitions are less ambiguous and clearly defined. It isn't even clear whether this is legal in CA. Seems to be a grey area.

Comment

Looks better than Thordsen. But seems would hurt your hand even more!
        I am not armed out of fear of who's in front of me.
        I am armed out of love of those behind me.

Anyone who says money doesn't matter to them is either a FOOL or a LIAR or BOTH!

Comment

I'd say not legal.

BUT, I think plenty of LE would consider the Thordson as a pistol grip with a stock attached - and illegal (on a Semi) in NY State. Has there been any ruling as to the legality of the Thordson in NY?
          Thordson.jpg
          IF the Thordson is LEGAL in NY, aren't the stocks below then legal (talking stock only, not the SBR,etc.)?
          Untitled-presentation-2-840x420.jpg

"a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon"...does the angle of the pistol grip not make it a pistol grip?
          Does this 'first pattern' FG42 battle rifle have a pistol grip?

I post this because I think it's important for gun owners to understand that there are many different perceptions, opinions and interpretations of law. Your personal opinion MAY cost you some $$$ defending.
          Last edited by Dan 0351; 03-13-2018, 12:05 PM.
          No Better Friend, No Worse Enemy

- U.S. Marines

Comment

The gap between the buffer and stock supposedly is the "get out of jail" item.

Anyone who says money doesn't matter to them is either a FOOL or a LIAR or BOTH!

Comment

All illegal across the board. Compliance is what you make of it, how you opt to interpret it.

Comment

Originally posted by Wuggzwest View Post
                All illegal across the board. Compliance is what you make of it, how you opt to interpret it.
                It's as if they want it vague to get you on anything they want at any time...... undercover.jpg

Comment

I’m beginning to think the Mini 14 is the only safe bet.

Comment

As the old saying goes. "If ya gotta ask....."

Comment

Originally posted by Dan 0351 View Post
                      I'd say not legal.

BUT, I think plenty of LE would consider the Thordson as a pistol grip with a stock attached - and illegal (on a Semi) in NY State. Has there been any ruling as to the legality of the Thordson in NY?
                      Thordson.jpg
                      IF the Thordson is LEGAL in NY, aren't the stocks below then legal (talking stock only, not the SBR,etc.)?

"a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon"...does the angle of the pistol grip not make it a pistol grip?
                      Does this 'first pattern' FG42 battle rifle have a pistol grip?

I post this because I think it's important for gun owners to understand that there are many different perceptions, opinions and interpretations of law. Your personal opinion MAY cost you some $$$ defending.
                      Well there are a shit ton of builds using the thordsden stock. And most gun stores sell this as a compliant build. Troop 7 refused to opine officially and thordsden never pulled sales to NY.

Comment

I would say no. To me the safest is a thordsen stock

Comment

Originally posted by mossy930spx View Post

Well there are a shit ton of builds using the thordsden stock. And most gun stores sell this as a compliant build. Troop 7 refused to opine officially and thordsden never pulled sales to NY.
                          Yes, SOME gun shops sell AR's with Thordsen stocks, some don't.

I would imagine some can see that the Thordsen COULD be construed by LE as a pistol grip (with a stock molded to it) and until an actual ruling/court case/precedent is set, they're not rolling the dice.
                          No Better Friend, No Worse Enemy

- U.S. Marines

Comment

^^^^^^^ what he said ^^^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by Dan 0351 View Post
                              I would imagine some can see that the Thordsen COULD be construed by LE as a pistol grip (with a stock molded to it) ...
                              If that's true about the Thordsen, then it's true about every stock except a scant stock. I placed my Thordsen next to my Mini-14 Ranch synthetic and the grip is the exact same profile. Can't see or feel a difference.

But I'd say the grip in the OP "protrudes conspicuously".
                              Last edited by BLAMMO!!; 03-13-2018, 02:15 PM.
                              No one ever wished they didn't have a gun.

Regards,
                              Chris

Comment

Working...
                              X