X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UTG Pro free float

Looking for something like this:
    https://www.natchezss.com/utg-pro-ar...-cerakote.html

Anybody have experience with it? Seen it at a better price?
    Steve

I have a 15" free float rail at home with barrel nut. Think it's a no name brand. If you want it, it's yours

Comment

Thanks, but I need carbine length.
      Steve

Comment

UTG Pro made in USA is a good free float handguard

The UTG stuff made in China is garbage

Comment

Used the keymod version on a project for a buddy of mine a while back, decent quality for the price.

Comment

Fortis is my fave but get your wallet out lol

Comment

Those are decent quality, That's about the going rate for one from what I've seen.

Comment

Thanks for the input, folks.

Found a a little better deal (w/shipping) from Optics Planet, and ordered it.
                Steve

Comment

Finally got to take my reconfigured AR out for a spin with the new handguard, among other things. While the UTG pro handguard seems nice and solid, and has a nice slim profile, being aluminum bolted to a steel barrel nut, it acts like a giant heatsink. That sucker gets hot!

I ran about 150 rounds of various brands through my AR last week at MF, and it was tough to hold. Guess I'll need a LH glove if I use this thing for a class or comp.

For some reason, my reconfigured AR did not like Silver Bear, which gave me no grief in the past. I had a couple of FTFeed's from the one box I brought. It ran fine on the six or seven other brands, including Tula, and PMC, with what looked to be perfect ejection. Hoping it was just that one box.
                  Steve

Comment

Working...
                  X