No announcement yet.

Straight pull bolt upgrade

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since it replaces the gas key the gas system no longer operates. Don't know if it would be NY legal as a bolt carrier swap would make it semiauto in seconds with no tools but who the fuck knows?! FUAC!!!!!

Comment

I have an AR15 that I removed the gas tube on. Then I turned the low profile gas block around to prevent gases from exiting the barrel. Works well enough with a standard charging handle. One benefit without the gas tube is the upper receiver should stay cleaner. this here looks like an expensive solution to a much cheaper solution

Comment

IMO, if the Tier5 bolt catch wasn’t good, neither is this. The Tier5 was actually installed in the lower receiver and still wasn’t ok. This thing could be swapped out in less than 10 seconds for another BCG and charging handle.

Comment

Originally posted by Gopedxr7 View Post
          I have an AR15 that I removed the gas tube on. Then I turned the low profile gas block around to prevent gases from exiting the barrel. Works well enough with a standard charging handle. One benefit without the gas tube is the upper receiver should stay cleaner. this here looks like an expensive solution to a much cheaper solution
          I'm planning to do this to an upper I have, but I have a question for you. Do you get a good seal on the gas port with the gas block? No gasses squirting out the front or the back?

I might add a Devil Dog charger too.
          No one ever wished they didn't have a gun.

Regards,
          Chris

Comment

Originally posted by BLAMMO!! View Post

I'm planning to do this to an upper I have, but I have a question for you. Do you get a good seal on the gas port with the gas block? No gasses squirting out the front or the back?

I might add a Devil Dog charger too.
            I took a cheap compact gas block and flipped it around so the part the tube enters faces away from me when I shoot and so far it’s working.

Comment

why not tap the BCG and screw a charging handle to it. keep you cheek weld and eject the round
              A word to the wise ain't necessary, it is the stupid ones who need advice.

What doesn't kill you ... will circle around for a second attempt.

Comment

Originally posted by HyFiveGuns View Post
                IMO, if the Tier5 bolt catch wasn’t good, neither is this. The Tier5 was actually installed in the lower receiver and still wasn’t ok. This thing could be swapped out in less than 10 seconds for another BCG and charging handle.
                You should forward your thoughts to F troop maybe they can tap your expert knowledge in future court cases.

Comment

Originally posted by HyFiveGuns View Post
                  It was my understanding of the "decision" that it was Ng because the energy from the round is still used to eject the case and reset the hammer/trigger. Not so with this, it renders the gun a true manually operating rifle.

Comment

Working...
                  X