Reaction rod versus upper clamp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reaction rod versus upper clamp

In the coming weeks I will be in receipt of my new ar10 barrel to complete my ar10 build and wanted to know if anyone here had an opinion on the reaction rod versus the old school upper clamp to tighten the barrel but to my upper? The reaction rid is $200 and I usually do not shy away from buying tools but I am not sure if it really makes that much of a difference.

Thanks!!
    NRA Member, NYSRPA Member
    NY, NH, PA, Utah, Florida, Connecticut CCW

“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Benjamin Franklin

I am a big fan of the .223 version. It goes on sale from time to time at both the Geiselle website and at primaryarms.com, watch around July 4th for the sales.
    Know your rights/Refuse peacefully to consent to a search /Ask if you are free to go or are being detained/Even if you are not doing anything wrong the 4th Amendment protects you against unreasonable searches/Never say anything to law enforcement even if you think it will help you/If questioned you should clearly and unequivocally request that you would like to have an attorney present and defer any questions until then/Never go to prison because you are afraid to go to jail.

Comment

Won't work on AR 10's, but if somebody is thinking about the Geissele rod, I made Botach an offer of $40 for their own version, and they accepted it.
      https://www.botach.com/kley-zion-ar1...ne-socket-rod/

Works like a charm.
      Steve

Comment

Working...
    X