Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

delta level defence ar15 please explain to me why this gun is legal in NYS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In a free state id be more willing but not in this shithole.

Comment

I have also heard he comparison to a shockwave with a brace. The biggest difference in my eyes is not semi auto and no detachable mag. So that worries me less

Comment

So here we are over a year later. Any update on this? The reason I ask, the great RO at Calverton today told me about “a 9mm AR made by DLD that’s sold by Jerry’s” which is “$2,000 and unlike anything I’ve ever shot”. So of course I now want this gun. Hit the google machine. This thread pops up. Apparently the gun he was telling me about is the CT4-2A, and I’m guessing Jerry’s is still selling them. The recent posts about Jerry’s not withstanding, anyone bought one? Any new opinions been levied on the legality? Or does everything remain the same from 3/19?

Comment

California just banned these a few days ago. I wouldn't expect Andy to be too far behind.
          ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by HulkSmash22 View Post
            So here we are over a year later. Any update on this? The reason I ask, the great RO at Calverton today told me about “a 9mm AR made by DLD that’s sold by Jerry’s” which is “$2,000 and unlike anything I’ve ever shot”. So of course I now want this gun. Hit the google machine. This thread pops up. Apparently the gun he was telling me about is the CT4-2A, and I’m guessing Jerry’s is still selling them. The recent posts about Jerry’s not withstanding, anyone bought one? Any new opinions been levied on the legality? Or does everything remain the same from 3/19?
            Still legal, but only for the brave.

Not hard to build.

We haven't heard from sheeple or LazyLab in a long while, but at least Destro is back.

Comment

Originally posted by Range Time View Post

Still legal, but only for the brave.

Not hard to build.

We haven't heard from sheeple or LazyLab in a long while, but at least Destro is back.
              It'll be over quickly.
              Giza Development: Building and Renovating Pyramids of Distinction Since 2435 BC 631-427-1691 (Beware the Sea People)

Comment

Originally posted by Macrosill View Post
                They claim it is not a rifle because it does not have a buttstock, nor can one be attached. It uses a pistol brace. It is not a pistol because it has a forward grip and the barrel is over 12.5 inches long. It is not an AOW because it is over 26 inches overall. So it does not fit any definition. They call it "Other Firearm"

In theory.
                Thats quite wrong.

1. It has an ARM brace. It can have even nothing, just a naked buffer tube and it would not be a "rifle"
                2. Its not a pistol because its not designed to be fired with 1 hard, as per definition of a pistol. There is no 12.5" barrel requirement in NYS. Its also not a pistol because it can't be concealed since its over 26" also making it not an AOW.

Thats about it.

You can argue that a handguard is all you need for 2 handed use, or attached a vertical group to further prove the point.

Comment

I just realized that the link I posted above went nowhere. The actual language in the bill in California named CA AB-88 (a budget bill, BTW) is this:
                  This bill would expand the definition of “assault weapon” to include a semiautomatic firearm that is not a rifle, pistol, or shotgun, that either does not have a fixed magazine but has any one of the attributes currently associated with assault weapons, as specified, that has a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds, or that has an overall length of less than 30 inches.
                  From here: https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/f...=201920200AB88

I would expect we will see this language being implemented elsewhere.

Comment

I guess that settles that.

Comment

Originally posted by Dank27 View Post

Its a risk i was not willing to take.
                      Part of problem solving is risk management.
                      Giza Development: Building and Renovating Pyramids of Distinction Since 2435 BC 631-427-1691 (Beware the Sea People)

Comment

Originally posted by spider View Post

Part of problem solving is risk management.
                        Agreed, it was an easy problem to solve. 3in of barrel length w/o the abily to supress the gun made it pointless from every usable factor for me.
                        my pinned 14.5 rifle is only 2in longer and keeps me out of any grey areas plus allows me to have a real stock and not a brace.

Comment

Originally posted by Dank27 View Post

Agreed, it was an easy problem to solve. 3in of barrel length w/o the abily to supress the gun made it pointless from every usable factor for me.
                          my pinned 14.5 rifle is only 2in longer and keeps me out of any grey areas plus allows me to have a real stock and not a brace.
                          That's advanced problem solving 4.0. I'm working my way through the same equation regarding a CMMG pistol. One of my filters goes like this: If I drop dead tomorrow how does this purchase complicate my wife's efforts to close out my estate?

Comment

I saw a beautiful POF 308 other at a store in Westchester. Was very strongly considering it.

Unfortunately the only people that I see at the range with them are LEO. This tells me all I need to know about what the general consensus is.

Comment

Originally posted by E View Post
                              I saw a beautiful POF 308 other at a store in Westchester. Was very strongly considering it.

Unfortunately the only people that I see at the range with them are LEO. This tells me all I need to know about what the general consensus is.
                              Saw a few normal peasants with them the other day at calverton... I shot one and it felt good.

Comment

That fact that California is trying to ban others shows they are legal currently.

Comment

Working...
                                X