Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

delta level defence ar15 please explain to me why this gun is legal in NYS?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the shockwave/wrist brace a legal option in NY? Enquiring minds want to know. Because nobody knows for sure yet.
    Know your rights/Refuse peacefully to consent to a search /Ask if you are free to go or are being detained/Even if you are not doing anything wrong the 4th Amendment protects you against unreasonable searches/Never say anything to law enforcement even if you think it will help you/If questioned clearly and unequivocally request that you would like to have an attorney present and defer any questions until then/Never go to prison because you are afraid to go to jail.

Comment

I about a year or two this will all be moot with Justice Kavanaugh on the bench.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMongoose View Post
        I about a year or two this will all be moot with Justice Kavanaugh on the bench.
        Doubt it. They'll sit on their hands for months before anything even starts to get thought about.

Comment

Originally posted by Exonautic View Post

Doubt it. They'll sit on their hands for months before anything even starts to get thought about.
          Well here’s to hoping you’re wrong.

Comment

If you look here, at the NY Penal law, there appears to be a reference to weapons that are not pistols, rifles or shotguns, just weapons, with a reference back to the definition of illegal guns called assault weapons in section 22. Put that in the correct context, I think you have a good case for NY to call this an assault weapon.

Quote:... (e) a semiautomatic rifle, a semiautomatic shotgun or a semiautomatic pistol or weapon defined in subparagraph (v) of paragraph (e) of subdivision twenty-two of section 265.00 of this chapter as added by chapter one hundred eighty-nine of the laws of two thousand and otherwise lawfully possessed pursuant to such chapter of the laws of two thousand prior to September fourteenth, nineteen hundred ninety-four;
            (f) a semiautomatic rifle, a semiautomatic shotgun or a semiautomatic pistol or weapon defined in paragraph (a), (b) or (c) of this subdivision, possessed prior to the date of enactment of the chapter of the laws of two thousand thirteen which added this paragraph;

...End of Quote

It's all a matter of who says it's legal. The distributor in CT doesn't care, he's placed the onus on the FFL in New York to decide to accept the risk.
            If the customer goes to jail in New York and sues the FFL dealer in NY, then apparently he's the one that made the bad decision.

The CT dealer can claim (and rightly so) that the NY dealer was at fault for making the transfer.

LI Ammo, 2 Larkfield Rd. East Northport, open seven days

Comment

I'm going to have to get one before it gets banned. Anyone got 1500 dollars?

Comment

Originally posted by LI Ammo View Post

If you look here, at the NY Penal law, there appears to be a reference to weapons that are not pistols, rifles or shotguns, just weapons, with a reference back to the definition of illegal guns called assault weapons in section 22. Put that in the correct context, I think you have a good case for NY to call this an assault weapon.

Quote:... (e) a semiautomatic rifle, a semiautomatic shotgun or a semiautomatic pistol or weapon defined in subparagraph (v) of paragraph (e) of subdivision twenty-two of section 265.00 of this chapter as added by chapter one hundred eighty-nine of the laws of two thousand and otherwise lawfully possessed pursuant to such chapter of the laws of two thousand prior to September fourteenth, nineteen hundred ninety-four;
                (f) a semiautomatic rifle, a semiautomatic shotgun or a semiautomatic pistol or weapon defined in paragraph (a), (b) or (c) of this subdivision, possessed prior to the date of enactment of the chapter of the laws of two thousand thirteen which added this paragraph;

...End of Quote

It's all a matter of who says it's legal. The distributor in CT doesn't care, he's placed the onus on the FFL in New York to decide to accept the risk.
                If the customer goes to jail in New York and sues the FFL dealer in NY, then apparently he's the one that made the bad decision.

The CT dealer can claim (and rightly so) that the NY dealer was at fault for making the transfer.
                so r u saying you would pass on 10 whole dollars SMH crazy
                very cool but why risk it. and my guess is if it becomes illegal you would not be gradfathered in (in ny)
                let's make america great again

Comment

New York doesn't care what ATF considers it.
                  You get pulled over to/from the range with it your
                  making News 12.

Comment

Spock's wisdom on this:
                    "If you know how many guns you own,”you don’t have enough guns.”

"What doesn't kill you ... will circle around for a second attempt."

Comment

Jerry is offering similar https://jerrysfirearms.com/collections/ar-other-firearm . Grossly overpriced but he’s obviously confident enough to put his license on the line. You can build one of these for less than $500.

Comment

I'll give a smoked sausage to whoever posts a thread detailing how to make a legal ar-15 AOW for ~500 smackaroos.

Who can say no to sausage

Comment

A year and a half ago, I'd probably would have said this technically violates nothing. However, the NY appellate courts in this state have recently exhibited the utmost dishonesty and deviousness in condoning ANY law that involves prohibiting a weapon. The recent knife decisions and the NYC pistol transportation cases were laughing stocks of liberal judicial deference to the state. Read the knife decision. They flat out don't care what the statute says, What matters to these effete judges is if it scares them. And this gun will scare them.

Ballistic: "Grif... You are my legal eagle spirit animal...."

Comment

Originally posted by Grifhunter View Post
                            A year and a half ago, I'd probably would have said this technically violates nothing. However, the NY appellate courts in this state have recently exhibited the utmost dishonesty and deviousness in condoning ANY law that involves prohibiting a weapon. The recent knife decisions and the NYC pistol transportation cases were laughing stocks of liberal judicial deference to the state. Read the knife decision. They flat out don't care what the statute says, What matters to these effete judges is if it scares them. And this gun will scare them.
                            Agreed

the gravity knife misinterpretation is down right scary. If a buck 110 knife can be considered a gravity knife. Then all of us gun owners are on thin ice
                            The natural liberty of man is to be free from any superior power on earth, and not to be under the will or legislative authority of man, but only to have the law of nature for his rule ...Samuel Adams, "The Rights of the Colonists" page 419

Comment

Working...
                            X