Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axeman
    replied
    Yeah, I want to see some pics when you're done. Interested to see how you implement the pump action.

I volunteer to try it out too.

Leave a comment:

• Li02liberty
    replied
    Very neat idea. Can't wait to see to way it comes out.

Leave a comment:

• Mad Russian
    replied
    Originally posted by Li02liberty View Post
    Action rod for what? The carrier will move without the gas tube in there
    I'm chopping up the handguard to convert to pump action. The drill rod will act as the action rod on the gas key.

Leave a comment:

• Li02liberty
    replied
    Action rod for what? The carrier will move without the gas tube in there

Leave a comment:

• Mad Russian
    replied
    Originally posted by Li02liberty View Post
    I don't know if that will hold. Will you have enough room under the hand guard to off set a lo pro gas block to cover the hole?
    Possibly. Bits and pieces of the project are trickling in. I ordered a 5mm drill rod to act as the action rod the company sent me a 3 foot piano hinge.

Leave a comment:

• Li02liberty
    replied
    Originally posted by Mad Russian View Post
    Ahhhh! But you have to know I'm trying not to butcher it to the point where it cannot be restored fairly easily.
    This going to be a bench upper (I'll screw together a lower for it eventually).
    I'm thinking maybe instead of drilling and tapping I'll stick a tapper pin into the hole and red Locktite with a crimp clamp to hold it in place.
    Just noodling ideas...
    I don't know if that will hold. Will you have enough room under the hand guard to off set a lo pro gas block to cover the hole?

Leave a comment:

• Big Matt
    replied
    What if the bolt hold open worked on every shot? Then, to fire again just release the bolt. Probably been tried, but I don't remember seeing this 'fix.'

Leave a comment:

• Axeman
    replied
    Saw this a while ago.

http://www.devildogconcepts.com/hard-charger.html

Mounts on the rail and effectively makes your AR upper side charging. You'd still have to do all the work to stop the gas but might make it easier when your on the bench.

Leave a comment:

• iceburg
    replied
    Would love to see some pics,,sounds like a very cool project..

Leave a comment:

• Mad Russian
    replied
    Originally posted by iceburg View Post
    So your making a bolt action AR out of a semi AR ? Is that right ?
    Yep

Leave a comment:

• iceburg
    replied
    So your making a bolt action AR out of a semi AR ? Is that right ?

Leave a comment:

• Mad Russian
    replied
    Speaking of muzzle brakes, in this Godforsaken state muzzle brakes on bolt action rifles don't need to be pinned, correct.

Leave a comment:

• Mad Russian
    replied
    Ahhhh! But you have to know I'm trying not to butcher it to the point where it cannot be restored fairly easily.
    This going to be a bench upper (I'll screw together a lower for it eventually).
    I'm thinking maybe instead of drilling and tapping I'll stick a tapper pin into the hole and red Locktite with a crimp clamp to hold it in place.
    Just noodling ideas...

Leave a comment:

• UVBNAXED
    replied
    I'll trade you an upper of your choice from my collection. Please do not butcher a bushmaster upper!

Leave a comment:

• Hannco
    replied
    ...or you could trade it for a Saiga and stop trying to make a prized American pig out of swine, Comrade.

Seriously, if you're going that route and like the brake, why tamper with it?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X