Anti Walk pin sets?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigbore44 View Post

I have never seen a pin "walk-out" myself, but it would happen gradually, not pop-out etc. If/when they will spin(spin, in this case, is a poor term if you ask me), the pins generally rotate slowly, under pressure, a few degrees at a time.

If you're curios, put a tiny mark on the pin near its edge, and run the gun. See if it clocks/moves after a while, then use your judgement.
    It does happen - the gun may double, or even go uncontrolled auto, if the trigger pin walks/breaks. Hammer pin is more likely to cause fail-to fire, as the hammer will be cocked to one side.

Comment

Originally posted by Parashooter View Post

Heh... I AM a metals guy LOL.....
      Great to know for future reference, thanks.

Comment

For those who have seen pins walk out, are they on quality receivers/AR's?

Like I've posted previously, I have pretty extensive experience with semi and select-fire AR's and never saw this. But all of my experience has been mostly with Colt, Rock River, Windham, etc. And although I own 'lower' quality AR's, I haven't put that many rounds through them.
        No Better Friend, No Worse Enemy

- U.S. Marines

Comment

I've seen it but I think it was more an issue of crappy pins with shallow grooves than a lower problem.
          John Valuk is dead. He fell on his head.

Comment

I had it happen to me personally on a spikes lower but it was only when i installed a drop in timney trigger.

Comment

I don't use drop in's (yet). So it seems unnecessary for me.
              I am not armed out of fear of who's in front of me.
              I am armed out of love of those behind me.

Anyone who says money doesn't matter to them is either a FOOL or a LIAR or BOTH!

Comment

Aim Surplus has the anti rotation pin set on sale, $11.95

https://aimsurplus.com/guntec-usa-ar...eid=9e47ada726

Comment

Thanks for all the advise.

Seems these are more window dressing than functional unless you're using a drop in style trigger set.

May put it on my next build just for giggles though.

I am not armed out of fear of who's in front of me.
                  I am armed out of love of those behind me.

Anyone who says money doesn't matter to them is either a FOOL or a LIAR or BOTH!

Comment

Working...
                  X