New build.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FDEMTNYC View Post
    My new toy.......went the fixed mag route so I can have evil features. Thanks to the good folks at Campsite for the lower, grip, stock, free float hand guard, MBUS sights, dust cover, charging handle, and fixed mag parts kit.
    Really nice, man. Respect to you for building that beauty yourself.

Comment

Nice.

Comment

Very nice congrats. Now get yourself a Magpul MOE+ grip... you will thank me...

Comment

Did you take your new toy to range night? How did it shoot?

Comment

Originally posted by SouthShoreShooter View Post
            Did you take your new toy to range night? How did it shoot?
            One failure to eject (chalking that up to the barrel being brand new) all other rounds after that, about 140, were flawless.

Comment

Very nice., was this your first build?

Comment

Who's popup sights?
                I am not armed out of fear of who's in front of me.
                I am armed out of love of those behind me.

Anyone who says money doesn't matter to them is either a FOOL or a LIAR or BOTH!

Comment

I’ve built one before with the Thordsen stock. But, I changed that one to a fixed mag as well.

Comment

With what seems to be an endless list, how did you decide on which parts to go with?

Comment

Barrel wise, just a basic web search and trying to find some reviews. The stock and grip, are just basic ones you can get for $20 or less. I wanted to go with a free float hand guard, so that was picked up at Campsite, as well as the fixed magazine kit. Receiver wise, I wanted to go a little “higher end”, so I got a Noveske (campsite as well), got the stripped upper direct from Noveske, as well as the forward assist. The sites are basic Magpul MBUS flip ups. Barrel is a 16” melonite coated stainless steel, that I got from Primary arms for $129 with muzzle brake, has block, and gas tube. I already had a NYerized AR that I converted to a fixed mag, my friend had an extra Mean Arms fixed mag parts kit that he gave to me, does the job, as long as you like bright red anodized aluminum. The one I got from campsite is, I believe a Cross arms or something along those lines. It’s all black, and what would be the mag release button stays flush in the receiver and comes with a hard plastic plug you tap into the screw hole. I added a drop of epoxy around the plug before I tapped it in place, but it sits in there tight so it’s not going to pop out from recoil and such. Pretty much boils down to how much you want to spend, or what looks good to you. I’ll most likely upgrade the stock and grip soon.

Comment

Thanks for taking the time to write it up.

Comment

What does it take, what is involved, in replacing a standard or Magpul hand guard with a Diamond head guard?
                          I am not armed out of fear of who's in front of me.
                          I am armed out of love of those behind me.

Anyone who says money doesn't matter to them is either a FOOL or a LIAR or BOTH!

Comment

Originally posted by LiDad View Post
                            What does it take, what is involved, in replacing a standard or Magpul hand guard with a Diamond head guard?
                            I believe Magpul handguards are generally two piece and held in place by the hand guard ring and delta ring....I’m not well versed in their product line, so there’s probably many other styles. I’m basing this response on the one I have on one of my rifles, where you press down the delta ring and the hand guard comes off in 2 pieces. The diamond head free float I bought is held in place by a different type of barrel nut, and hex screws.

Comment

Working...
                            X