Buffer guestion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buffer guestion.

Is a standard AR buffer and spring for a 556 going to cycle a 9mm AR or is this something I'll just have to try an see what happens ? Is the spring and buffer lighter for a 9 mm . If so is this something DSI would normally stock.
    Thanks. Feels good to post gun crap again after you know

Meh DSI, give Jerry's a call. I'd be surprised if it cycles, no idea though.
    NRA LIFE | SAF | GOA | UTAH / NH / FL / PA / NY CCW | APPLESEED RIFLEMAN | RSO | FREEPORT R&R | NSCA | NYSRPA

Comment

You need a 9mm specific buffer.
      For illustration only, I'm sure you can find a less expensive one somewhere else.
      The 2-piece 9mm SMG buffer body is made of solid steel and utilizes three steel weights as well as a neoprene bumper. ...

Comment

This is the setup I use
        This Blitzkrieg Components 9mm Hydraulic Buffer and JP Enterprises Spring combination package
        NRA, NYSRPA, SAF member, Freeport R&R.

Comment

Specific 9MM Buffer and spring. Is this going to b a dedicated AR in 9mm? While others may disagree ,I'd only utilize it as such to avoid the buffer and spring swapping etc. when going to a 5.56 rifle.

Comment

You need to use a 9mm buffer or a heavier 7.5-9 ounce carbine buffer with a spacer.

Comment

It's a dedicated 9mm. 16" barrel and uses Glock mags. Thanks for the info. Would have hated taking it to the range just to find out it won't cycle

Comment

Phil can you pm me your build list if not too much? I'm wanting to build a 9mm ar also and want to see what I need.

Comment

Heavier buffer. And dont buy shit from those fucks at Dick Shit Industries

Comment

There is a heavy buffer for 9mm use. Also look up sprinco springs. They make various buffer springs for all setups.

Comment

Get a 9mm specific buffer and a 9mm/.308 spring.
                      joebobs has both.

Comment

Originally posted by disturbed0013 View Post
                        This is the setup I use
                        OK so I've been doing some homework today and now understand the reason why a heavier buffer and spring are needed, The main difference is the blowback system of the 9mm. For smoothest and quietest function with the lowest recoil it looks like the Blitzkrieg hydraulic buffer is the way to go. The buffer spring in generally the same as a spring for an ar10. The freaking buffer is going to cost more than the PSA Glock style lower

Comment

Why not go the cheap way with a buffer and spring? Who gives a fuck about the noise, the louder the better!

Comment

Phill you can also use a heavy carbine buffer and drop 7 quarters in before you put the spring in as a spacer. That's how I run mine and no problems with it.
                            III%

Comment

Originally posted by LazyLab View Post
                              Why not go the cheap way with a buffer and spring? Who gives a fuck about the noise, the louder the better!
                              But you might hurt a liberal's ears. Stop being so rude! You made that Kuntzman guy cry!
                              NRA Benefactor Life
                              NRA Instructor & RSO
                              NYSRPA, SAF, GOA

Comment

Working...
                              X