Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cas View Post
    Make it into the chamber on the first try, or after he fiddles with it? lol
    When they don't make it in, I have not tried pushing the bolt closed, like I might with a pistol. I guess I could also use the forward assist, huh?

Instead, I have ejected the mag, ejected the round (which was difficult), seen that it is dented/bent, replaced the mag, chambered the new round, and fired without a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by vmtcmt View Post

One problem at a time. Did you still have the brass damaging miss feeds with the different lower? If it’s overgassed on one lower, the upper will still be overgassed on a different lower, assuming standard buffer, etc.

Another question: is the damaged brass just dented on one side, or is it a ring all the way around the case? Tough to tell by the picture. I may be misreading it.

Next time you have the malfunction, take a picture of it. Or maybe even have someone take a video. That should be one way to make sure it doesn’t ​​​​​​ happen.
      I was honestly so shocked at the forward ejection continuing that I didn't notice. I also had fewer problems overall.

The brass is dented on only one side, and bent in that direction.

The malfunction just looks like the bolt not closed all the way. When I first had the problem, I wondered why the round didn't fire. Now I can feel the bolt not closing all the way before I try to fire it.

The primer is sometimes dimpled slightly.

Comment

The primer look like this?
        https://www.longislandgunclub.com/fo...133#post453133
        Steve

Comment

yup. Although they are not fully chambered, just stopped (by the bend, the dent, or the possible crud you mentioned) enough to be tapped by the floating firing pin as it continues forward.

Comment

If your brass is ejecting forward, then it's cycling too fast.

(generally speaking. anyway. My optics match rifle ejects forward (ish) and is probably the most reliable AR I've owned. It cycles fast intentionally, but not too fast that it doesn't run right.)
            Dear Buddha, please bring me a pony and a plastic rocket.

Comment

I was misreading your brass damage. If it’s not going into the chamber because it’s physically bent, it’s not a headspace or dirty chamber issue.

I have an H buffer in one build, and may have an H2 around that you can try.
              Steve

Comment

I was misreading your brass damage. If it’s not going into the chamber because it’s physically bent, it’s not a headspace or dirty chamber issue.

I have an H buffer in one build, and may have an H2 around that you can try.
                That would be awesome! I'm hoping it's a simple buffer swap fix.

Comment

Range Time

I found my H2 buffer, and I'll pop the H1 out of one of my builds. PM me so I can get them to you for a test drive.
                  Steve

Comment

Working...
                  X