Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UVBNAXED View Post
    I just ordered 1 for shits and giggles.
    If for any reason ( except if it's broke ) you don't like it ---- I'll buy it from you --
    NRA Instructor / RSO & NRA Life Member / S.A.F.E. Armorer / 03-FFL / Moist Nugget gun nut / Ammosexual / And a right wing Republican Jew with guns

Comment

Just bought another ----- and --

If the shit hitting the fan -- -- gives me any advanced warning --

The fixed mag button gets replaced faster than underwear ---
      NRA Instructor / RSO & NRA Life Member / S.A.F.E. Armorer / 03-FFL / Moist Nugget gun nut / Ammosexual / And a right wing Republican Jew with guns

Comment

Originally posted by Range Time View Post
        Fixed mag ARs are awesome for the first ten rounds.

After that, they do exactly what they were intended to do - slow the rate of reloading.

The working gun guy in the video, using the best loader available, probably after practicing for quite a while, was able to approach the speed and ease of using a detachable mag.

And, yes, malfunctions do happen, especially in dynamic situations.
        I dunno man, I load a mean arms loader just as fast, if not faster, than a new mag. It also drops the bolt for you which is less manipulation by me.

I loved fixed mag AR's. They are super easy to use and you get every feature you want.

If you are having issues, use high quality parts. I have had ZERO issues in thousands of rounds...literally ZERO with my Geissele, DD, BCM, KAC uppers sitting on Aero M4E1 lowers exclusively.

All using Magpul mags. And either BCM or Radian BCGs.
        Last edited by -vanguard-; 11-15-2020, 12:46 PM.

Comment

The law was meant to cause inconvenience and discourage the user.
          Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

Originally posted by barnslayer View Post
            the law was meant to cause inconvenience and discourage the user.
            control !

Comment

Originally posted by Ricekila View Post

If the shit hitting the fan --gives me any advanced warning --

tenor.gif

Comment

If someone could come up with a piston upper a la VZ58 then you’re talking. Would have to be a piston, DI would be rather unpleasant.

Comment

Originally posted by RumRunner View Post

Agreed... I insert the magazine, then replace the magazine release button with a nut and washer. I throw a quick tack weld over the nut so it cant be removed without destroying the mag release hardware. Breaking it prevents the rifle from being able to receive any magazine whatsoever unless you replace the mag release hardware that you broke. This is as permanent or more permanent than any solution I have seen for sale, apart from dedicated fixed mag receivers. If my method doesn't hold up in court, then nothing commercially available will except a dedicated fixed mag lower. Not that the old safe-act website is written law, but it did specifically state that a rifle can be modified to no longer meet the new definition of "assault rifle". Countless people across the state have used similar methods to make rifles compliant. There is no language in the law that I'm aware of that discusses permanence or constructive intent.

Conventional mag release replacement hardware costs around $7. Good to have on-hand if you are worried about zombies, box cars or just prepping for a move to a free state.
                  This is what I do (did). I just stopped tack welding them. Is that wrong of me? They still need a tool to remove the mag.

Comment

Originally posted by raceradam View Post

This is what I do (did). I just stopped tack welding them. Is that wrong of me? They still need a tool to remove the mag.
                    its all up to the interpretation of what "detachable" means. technically I can detach the magazine of my M1 Garand but it would require a torch or a grinder. In California it was defined as "requiring a tool to detach" or something like that... Thats how they ended up with those bullet button devices where you could drop the mag out with the tip of a bullet. In NY we have no legal definition in the law nor do we have any case law precedent that I'm aware of. I'm not interested in being the test subject so I tend to lean towards overkill. A judge or prosecutor could easily say "the magazine is still detachable, I don't care if you use a tool or your finger to detach it, it is still being detached from the rifle". By welding over the nut at least you take away that possible interpretation.

On the rare occasion that I go out of state to shoot and decide that I want the ability to quickly change magazines I can still grind off the weld, put in new hardware and have fun for the day. Total cost $7. A small price to pay to remain "legal", NOT register the rifle and NOT have a weird setup with no evil features.. If I did local carbine courses or LIPSA matches with rifles then I'd add a featureless AR to the collection... Or use my Mini 30.

Comment

Never had a fixed mag and never will. And I have no problem with just a crowned muzzle. In fact, I prefer it.

I don't mind shooting "recreationally" with a featureless AR. If the time ever comes (and it may be sooner than later) that the law cjanges (or breaks down), I'll just slap my full-featured lower on the upper of my choice.
                      Last edited by BLAMMO!!; 11-15-2020, 07:45 PM.
                      To be human is to be armed.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAMMO!! View Post
                        Never had a fixed mag and never will. And I have no problem with just a crowned muzzle. In fact, I prefer it.

I don't mind shooting "recreationally" with a featureless AR. If the time ever comes (and it may be sooner than later) that the law cjanges (or breaks down), I'll just slap my full-featured lower on the upper of my choice.
                        It all depends on the intended use for the rifle. For instance, I have a "long range" AR that I put together. It has a 24 inch barrel, large muzzle break, adjustable magpul PRS stock and an adjustable gas block. The idea was to have an accurate rifle with zero recoil for quick zombie brain shots at 400+ yards. By tuning the gas block and buffer weight to match the pull of the muzzle break I can shoot the rifle without any felt recoil. Featureless would not work here so I live with the fixed mag while in NY. Or until ACB has her say on the law.

Comment

Originally posted by RumRunner View Post

It all depends on the intended use for the rifle. For instance, I have a "long range" AR that I put together. It has a 24 inch barrel, large muzzle break, adjustable magpul PRS stock and an adjustable gas block. The idea was to have an accurate rifle with zero recoil for quick zombie brain shots at 400+ yards. By tuning the gas block and buffer weight to match the pull of the muzzle break I can shoot the rifle without any felt recoil. Featureless would not work here so I live with the fixed mag while in NY. Or until ACB has her say on the law.
                          Conversely, I've been meaning to build a gasless upper for long range precision shooting. To go with my full-featured lower. It might kick a bit more but nothing like my 1903A3.
                          To be human is to be armed.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricekila View Post
                            Just bought another ----- and --

If the shit hitting the fan -- -- gives me any advanced warning --

6 days to my door ---- good --

Comment

Yea, not a fan

Comment

Originally posted by Dank27 View Post
                                Yea, not a fan
                                Really? Who doesn’t want to load 10 rounds into a magazine-like device so they can then load those rounds into a magazine mounted in a gun? Over and over? And why not pay 3 times more for that inconvenience? And then, there’s more of a possibility of a malfunction! Who wouldn’t want to sign up for that?!

Comment

Working...
                                X