Skeletonized AR Lower Receiver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skeletonized AR Lower Receiver

Not my thing, but pretty cool. I've seen the mag well cut out, but never the trigger/hammer part. $229

Buy WAR DOG INDUSTRIES AR15 STRIPPED LOWER RECEIVER SKELETONIZED - LAYAWAY: GunBroker is the largest seller of Semi Auto Rifles Rifles Guns & Firearms All: 891944113
    "The Open Carry guy is my decoy."

Not my thing.

Comment

Potential for unforced errors? Does this allow for dirt or whatever to get into moving parts that should have dirt or whatever in them?
      I am not an AR guy so if it’s a stupid question I plead ignorance.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntington Guy View Post
        Potential for unforced errors? Does this allow for dirt or whatever to get into moving parts that should have dirt or whatever in them?
        I am not an AR guy so if it’s a stupid question I plead ignorance.
        Absolutely. It's certainly not for 'field' use - just maybe for those that already own a bunch of AR's or are sick of the same ole' AR look.
        "The Open Carry guy is my decoy."

Comment

As a training tool for armorers, gunsmiths, etc. this would be excellent learning tool, hands down. Accompanied by a skeletonized upper receiver with a short section of cutaway bbl would be great also. Actual seeing from different views and perspectives how an M-16/AR-15 series works would be invaluable. Cutaway firearms are definitely a niche type thing in gun collecting. Believe it or not some "cutaway" firearms are valued more than the actual whole functioning gun. IIRC, a vast majority of cutaways are non functioning, safety being the number one reason! Not sure what the BATFE classifies them as though. For the record, I would absolutely never live fire one of the pictured AR lowers, no matter what the manufacturer ever says or claims about being safe!

Comment

I dunno, looks a little heavy. Kind of ironic a company named War Dog makes something whose usefulness is limited to a wall art display piece.

I could see Surfer's point as an educational tool, and maybe even justify the price for that application since there's considerably more CNC machining you'd have to do. But other than that, no way Jose.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan 0351 View Post

Absolutely. It's certainly not for 'field' use - just maybe for those that already own a bunch of AR's or are sick of the same ole' AR look.
              Saran Wrap, it'll be fine, read that on Arf.com, gotta be true.

Comment

Originally posted by Ceesman762 View Post

Is your sarcasm meter broken?
                The escape is complete. The inventor of Hawk fishing. (soon to be seen on ESPN 8 the Ocho)

Comment

Originally posted by Ceesman762 View Post

Lol that be true!,
                  All kidding aside, over the years , after having some ammo “issues” with new US made factory rounds in a variety of AR platforms luckily no injuries. Some of the ARs involved, well not so much...

Comment

I'd shoot it. What the hell.

Only reason I'd consider it, although not at that price, would be if I'm trying real hard to keep weight down. Over the last few years, I've built an AR both for my wife and SIL, who are both pretty small (5'0"). Without spending $2K, I was able to put together AR's each under 5 and half pounds. Plastic lowers, pencil barrels, slick side uppers, that type of stuff. But I know neither will see heavy use. Something like this would be a aluminum alternative to the poly lower. But it would have blown the budget.
                    Steve

Comment

Working...
                    X