Stag arms build question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stag arms build question.

Purchased a stag arms ar10 lower last week ( sorry mods if I posted in wrong area ) I just completed the lower now moving on to the upper I know alot of manufactures dont interchange . I've searched high and low for a stag upper and no luck so my question is any one else use any other brand uppers on a stag lower?

Not me, AR10's are always tricky.
    Giza Development: Building and Renovating Pyramids of Distinction Since 2435 BC 631-427-1691 (Beware the Sea People)

Comment

When I built my stag AR10, I used Stag upper and lower due to the fact some don’t intermix well. Had no issues

Comment

Stag Arms "AR-10" are DPMS pattern.
        https://www.stagarms.com/stag-10-series

The other predominate pattern is Armalite, but I believe the DPMS is more common.

https://gundigest.com/rifles/ar-15/u...upper-receiver

Steve

Comment

DPMS is more predominant but that doesn't mean it will work...

There is no "Mil Spec"... Different manufacturers products may not work together..

That includes the buffer tube and components ... Don't mix parts there either

Comment

I got a CMMG .308 lower from a friend for next to nothing. As I researched a compatible upper - I wound up spending $$ on a CMMG upper so I didn't have any issues.
            "The Open Carry guy is my decoy."

Comment

Originally posted by Shotgun View Post
              DPMS is more predominant but that doesn't mean it will work...

There is no "Mil Spec"... Different manufacturers products may not work together..

That includes the buffer tube and components ... Don't mix parts there either
              This ^^^^+1000

Comment

Originally posted by Dan 0351 View Post
                I got a CMMG .308 lower from a friend for next to nothing. As I researched a compatible upper - I wound up spending $$ on a CMMG upper so I didn't have any issues.
                And this too +1000! BTDT regarding compatibility issues & quite aggravating at some points! I’d reach out to Stag & find out if will sell a stripped upper for your needs.

Comment

They have stripped uppers on their site starting from $139. @stagarms.com

Comment

Originally posted by rts414 View Post
                    They have stripped uppers on their site starting from $139. @stagarms.com
                    That was my plan to order one from them only problem is there out of stock only have left hand ones instock

Comment

Or find someone with a AR10 DPMS plantform upper and see if it fits 😁

Comment

Originally posted by slowsrt41107 View Post
                        Purchased a stag arms ar10 lower last week ( sorry mods if I posted in wrong area ) I just completed the lower now moving on to the upper I know alot of manufactures dont interchange . I've searched high and low for a stag upper and no luck so my question is any one else use any other brand uppers on a stag lower?
                        I have an Aero M5E AR10. If you want to try my upper on your lower, let me know.

Comment

FWIW, CDNN has a bunch of OEM DPMS 7.62/.308 AR10/SR25 pattern parts ( now defunct sadly) on there website.
                          Last edited by Surfer21; 04-23-2021, 07:09 AM.

Comment

https://www.kakindustry.com/308-kak-stripped-upper
                            Steve

Comment

Watch your rail heights! Make sure your hand guard matches the upper rail height.

Comment

Working...
                              X