Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upper/lower- there's very little play in there

Hi there.

i swapped lower from DSI to spike with complete DSI upper, now I noticed there's very little play in there..

shoud i I be concern or is it normal?

how to reduce play?

thanks

You didn't have to say anything past DSI, maybe someone will explain in a more congenial manner ?

Comment

Originally posted by JakeF150 View Post
      ... there's very little play in there..
      how to reduce play?

So, is it too much play or not enough?

These things are supposed to be made to MIL Spec. But they're not. You should be able to use any upper with any lower. But that's not necessarily the case. That's why I'm still waiting for a Spikes upper to come in, because I already built my Spikes lower and I don't want to fuck around with my first build. I want to minimize any headaches where I can.
      Give a man fire, and he stays warm for one night. Set a man on fire, and he stays warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Accurizing wedges been around forever.

518277 The UTG AR-15 accurizing wedge will improve upper and lower fit, and improve accuracy. The wedge is placed in the lower receiver beneath the rear...

Comment

A little play is normal, it won't hurt anything. My AR has some and I stopped paying attention to it a long time ago.
          SHADAP VARMINT!

Comment

Normal

Comment

Normal yes... Fantastic, no.

If you want a tight fit, get something with a tensioner screw or use Mega parts.

Comment

Put a number 7 o-ring around the front takedown pin ears. The wiggle will be gone. You're welcome.

Comment

Troop L says its within spec. 😎

A little play is fine.

Comment

Working...
                  X