Ruger Mini 14 Ventilated Handguard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ruger Mini 14 Ventilated Handguard

If you want to make your Ruger Mini 14 Ranch look cooler, you can add a ventilated handguard manufactured by Choate Machine & Tool.

http://www.riflestock.com/store/do/product/RAC/07-02-04

At under $14.00 you can’t go wrong.

The attached photo is not mine but you get the idea.
    Attached Files

Those look almost like M-Lok slots. But the page doesn't say that, so probably not. But that would be interesting.
    To be human is to be armed.

Comment

That looks sweet. Mini 14= Next purchase!
      GOA * NRA ENDOWMENT MEMBER * APPLESEED RIFLEMAN * NYSRPA * NAGR * JPFO

Comment

Originally posted by BLAMMO!! View Post
        Those look almost like M-Lok slots. But the page doesn't say that, so probably not. But that would be interesting.
        I am not familiar with the Magpul M-Lok slots but I think they are intended to be a mounting base for sights, lights, etc. I think the Choate ventilated handguard is intended to look cool only, and hopefully dissipate heat. I don't think they are intended to be a mounting base for anything.

Comment

That was one of the first changes to my mini 14 when I bought it. ..good post. ..

Comment

Originally posted by STARMAN View Post
            That looks sweet. Mini 14= Next purchase!
            The King of the carbines. Nice solid all-purpose rifle and great fun to shoot. I love my All Weather Ranch.

Comment

If you wan't to take your Mini 14 to the next step with upgrades...Check out AccuracySystems based out in Colorado ...I did a Match trigger, Accu-strut on the barrel, buffer system ,and a adjustable gas block..She is not the average Mini 14...More accurate , smooth trigger pull and my brass drops 3 ft to the ground instead of 25ft over my right shoulder...

Comment

Originally posted by iceburg View Post
                If you wan't to take your Mini 14 to the next step with upgrades...Check out AccuracySystems based out in Colorado ...I did a Match trigger, Accu-strut on the barrel, buffer system ,and a adjustable gas block..She is not the average Mini 14...More accurate , smooth trigger pull and my brass drops 3 ft to the ground instead of 25ft over my right shoulder...
                http://ruger-mini-14-firearms.com/mi...ccessories.php

Also, Perfect Union has the best forum / community of Mini-14 / 30 enthusiasts.
                http://www.perfectunion.com/vb/ruger-mini-14-mini-30/

Comment

Nice,,Thanks for that Chris...Gonna dig into that later on...

Comment

I had a mini group buy from Campsite. Bought 4 of them for myself and 3 of my buddies. Still have not shot it. Debating on which optic or red dot to put on it. But it is a great handling gun.

Comment

Choate hand guard works and looks great and allowed me to mount my scope on the shorter rings... Only by a fraction of an inch but it was enough.
                      Give peace a chance, I'll cover you in case that doesn't work out.

LIBERALISM should be classified as a MENTAL DISORDER!

Comment

Originally posted by CommackBoy View Post
                        I had a mini group buy from Campsite. Bought 4 of them for myself and 3 of my buddies. Still have not shot it. Debating on which optic or red dot to put on it. But it is a great handling gun.
                        I like the iron sights. I've been meaning for some time to get a second one in blue/hardwood and add a scope to it. Something else always seem to bump it from the top of my wish list.

Comment

That hand guard is a nice idea. I'd prefer it in that brown color the M1A' and M14 handguards have.
                          Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnslayer View Post
                            That hand guard is a nice idea. I'd prefer it in that brown color the M1A' and M14 handguards have.
                            That is the look I was going for.

Comment

Originally posted by SimpleMan View Post

That is the look I was going for.
                              Heat resistant paint? Duracoat?
                              Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

Working...
                              X