Ruger is bringing back the....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bcwood64 View Post

With the Patrick Henry Trigger Guard and the Magpul PRS stock, mine doesn't look that bad. I look forward to see how I like the look of the HERA CQR once it comes in.
    I agree about the Patrick Henry trigger guard. Looks ok but seems functional

Comment

I just realized yesterday, I am waiting for an amendment to come for a S&W Bodyguard that I bought! The shop gave me a 15% off card for my next purchase and there price are normally pretty good ( So this would be $75.00 off of $500.00 sweet!)
      Former LI'er (Smithtown) now Saratoga County since 99
      NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor/ RSO, Appleseed IIT
      Member of SCOPE
      Member Sara Spa Rod&Gun Club and Pine Tree Rifle Club

Comment

Originally posted by bigbore44 View Post
        Update...Aaaaaand it's gone. The guy Picked it up New Years eve.
        Rat farts.
        "The devil doesn't come dressed in a red cape and pointy horns. He comes as everything you've ever wished for.”
        Tucker Max

Infirmitate Invitat Violentiam
        Finicky Fat Guy

Comment

video at Kentucky gun:
          A word to the wise ain't necessary, it is the stupid ones who need advice.

What doesn't kill you ... will circle around for a second attempt.

Comment

So, one of these just showed up at Volko for a writer/editor review.

I was tempted to go shoot it in the warehouse but I restrained myself.

That being said:

1. Out of the box the stock fits Vicktor. It comes with spacers and stuff I would play with.
            2. It points very naturally. The forward mounted ghost ring sight is easy to acquire. I prefer smaller apertures for alignment purposes.....but this works
            3. It feels like a real gun. Stock isn't super cheap platic, and it has good grip to it. Unloaded and no mag it comes in at 6.75 lbs on the Volko shipping scale.
            4. Reversible Charging handle
            5. you can't reach the mag release while your hand is in the firing position. Seems natural enough to use your weak hand to "AK" the mag...but with a button not a rock.

I originally said I would buy one of these if boyds came out with a better looking stock...but really it's pretty solid as is.

If I tag along for the test firing I'll let you know. I'm a bit of a trigger snob.

Vick
            High quality building supplies since 1948! Friendly FFL transfers of long guns, receivers, and ammunition. Feel free to call us at 516 741 4466

Comment

If anyone is looking for police turn-in Ruger PC4s, Kings Firearms will ship w/o the mags...

https://www.kingsfirearmsonline.com/...-pc4-w-o-light
              pc4.jpg

Comment

If people start coming out with mods like they have for the 10/22, it won't matter how ugly it is, it'll all be customizable. Custom triggers, stocks, fluted bull barrels, you name it. And the fact they made it NY ready and takedown is awesome. If they could expand the mag adapters to S&W, Springfield and Beretta they'd have even more people jumping on it.

Edit: just watched a great review on it, it already has a fluted barrel, guy loved the stock trigger. Nice!! They shoulda gone fiber or something on the front sight but looks like a great little gun. Bastard has a suppressor on it...might have to move.
                Last edited by Banzai; 01-22-2018, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Banzai View Post
                  If people start coming out with mods like they have for the 10/22, it won't matter how ugly it is, it'll all be customizable. Custom triggers, stocks, fluted bull barrels, you name it. And the fact they made it NY ready and takedown is awesome. If they could expand the mag adapters to S&W, Springfield and Beretta they'd have even more people jumping on it.

Edit: just watched a great review on it, it already has a fluted barrel, guy loved the stock trigger. Nice!! They shoulda gone fiber or something on the front sight but looks like a great little gun. Bastard has a suppressor on it...might have to move.
                  I already want one quite badly... If they make a Beretta mag adapter, it's an automatic buy for me.

Comment

CX4.jpg
                    Just 8 more months and I'll be reunited with this. (along with it's 15 round magazine!)

Comment

Originally posted by Destro View Post
                      If anyone is looking for police turn-in Ruger PC4s, Kings Firearms will ship w/o the mags...

pc4.jpg
                      So, tell me about the Remington 7615P's I also see for sale there? https://www.kingsfirearmsonline.com/...olice-trade-in
                      Accepts AR-15 mags? Pump action? Looks to be NY compliant?

Comment

Originally posted by 442Stu View Post

So, tell me about the Remington 7615P's I also see for sale there? https://www.kingsfirearmsonline.com/...olice-trade-in
                        Accepts AR-15 mags? Pump action? Looks to be NY compliant?
                        Yep got one too. It's a pump action rifle that was sold to departments as a patrol rifle, it was in the style of a Rem 870 (20 gauge stock is interchangable).
                        http://www.remingtonle.com/rifles/7615.htm

You can pimp them out as well...much like the Troy PAR it's a 223 platform pump action rifle, unlike the AR-format PAR it's designed more on Remmys 870 platform, but it is less expensive. Not everyone is into pump action rifles, but you can legally put all the bells and whistles on it and they are somewhat of a fun oddity.

7615blkops.png

150163ed-062c-4be2-883f-cadd5f3e5995_large.jpg

Last edited by Destro; 01-22-2018, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosin1942 View Post

I already want one quite badly... If they make a Beretta mag adapter, it's an automatic buy for me.
                          Ditto...l BUT I was looking online and it will take beretta mags with a simple cut.

basically the carbine takes SR9 mags. You can mod beretta mags to run in the SR9, ergo modded beretta mags will run in the Ruger carbine!

Comment

Originally posted by Destro View Post

pc4.jpg
                            Orig mags are 11rds? Ad says no NY shipments, but I guess they bend the rule for no mags. And I assume they will not give you any credit off the price for no mags etc.

Comment

Originally posted by HabsFan View Post

Ditto...l BUT I was looking online and it will take beretta mags with a simple cut.

basically the carbine takes SR9 mags. You can mod beretta mags to run in the SR9, ergo modded beretta mags will run in the Ruger carbine!

.....****

Comment

Originally posted by bigbore44 View Post

Orig mags are 11rds? Ad says no NY shipments, but I guess they bend the rule for no mags. And I assume they will not give you any credit off the price for no mags etc.
                                Edit: The site says no NYC shipments--they shipped to NY just fine--so the "no sales to CA, NY, and DC" on that page must be a typo--as all the other pages specify NYC. As I said they will ship without mags (some places won't even do that, so you miss some great deals).

Look, the PC4s are going for a grand on GB and this one has ghost ring sights and a sling and mag carrier so it's still a very good deal..Sure 10 round mags run about 29 bucks, but just look for what used PC4s actually sell for in auction these days (and remember most of those have 11 rounders so you will lose out on that too if you want to close the deal).
                                Last edited by Destro; 01-22-2018, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X