Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brownells new 10/22 Receiver build

https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/bui...r-dream-10-22/
    A word to the wise ain't necessary, it is the stupid ones who need advice.

What doesn't kill you ... will circle around for a second attempt.

$80 - That’s a great price point. Smart to make “custom” receivers accessible to the masses. With so many aftermarket parts I’m surprised it took so long.

Comment

that is tempting.

Comment

The guy wrote a good article and that receiver is really nice. But he also nailed the one reason I will never understand the 10/22. You basically buy an overpriced .22 and spend 2-3 times it's cost replacing everything on it to make it a solid shooter. Alrighty then. That just irks me. I totally get how doing your own build and having a slick, ridiculously accurate .22 is a must for any basic collection, it's the very definition of fun, but aren't there enough aftermarket parts out there now where you don't even have to buy the darn gun in the first place? Like what's actually left that was original after you're done swapping everything out?

Comment

To some, it's just fun to do. It's like the AR of the .22cal regular rifle world. Or you could just drop like $1200 on a Volquartsen. Ymmv.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbore44 View Post
            To some, it's just fun to do. It's like the AR of the .22cal regular rifle world. Or you could just drop like $1200 on a Volquartsen. Ymmv.
            Absolutely, I'm just genuinely curious if there's literally enough aftermarket stuff out there where you can build your own from scratch and not even bother buying the actual rifle and save yourself the $225.

Comment

You can build a 10/22 without any ruger parts. You can also buy a ruger 10/22, strip it, and sell the parts minus receiver for atleast what you paid on gunbroker, then use that money/basically free receiver to dive into a custom build. Incidentally your parts kit will be purchased for the price of a complete 10/22 by a homebuilder who wants to build off an 80% receiver for the challenge, sense of accomplishment, or most ironically, to save money compared to buying a factory 10/22.

And believe it or not, this all does in fact make perfect sense.

Comment

My 10//22 takedown is built entirely of aftermarket parts. Not a single ruger part on it. Pricey but I love it. I have a Tactical solutions receiver and bull barrel.

Comment

Originally posted by Gopedxr7 View Post
                  that is tempting.
                  Yep, very tempting.

Comment

I want one. How painful is the online store to FFL process? Historically I've always purchased locally.

Comment

Originally posted by Safety1st View Post
                      I want one. How painful is the online store to FFL process? Historically I've always purchased locally.
                      Volko Supply. It's about as painful as making a couple new friends with some really good people.

Comment

Working...
                      X