Ruger 10/22 build - parts list and questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FastPhil View Post
    When I see a 10/22 outshoot my Remington 37 rangemaster then I'll consider building one
    Mine puts 10rds in 3/4in at 50yards and thats woth regular mini mags.

Comment

Originally posted by Volkosupply View Post
      so I went to dry fit the green moutain bull barrel into the brownells receiver.

yeah, that's tight.

my plan will probably be to put the barrel in the freezer for a few hours, heat gun the receiver, and then anti seize and a plastic mallet.

ohh, and a vice.

I guess worst case is some sand paper to the receiver?
      You want it as tight as possibly so you dont get barrel drooop over time. Especially woth that monster barrel you bought. Aeroshell 33, put the bolt on the receiver without the charging handle and drive her home. My kidd barrel was tiiiiight but it worked with some elbow grease and a rubber mallet for the last bit if needed. Just line up the extraction slot.

Comment

Originally posted by Dank27 View Post

You want it as tight as possibly so you dont get barrel drooop over time. Especially woth that monster barrel you bought. Aeroshell 33, put the bolt on the receiver without the charging handle and drive her home. My kidd barrel was tiiiiight but it worked with some elbow grease and a rubber mallet for the last bit if needed. Just line up the extraction slot.
        your elbows probably have more grease than my skinny little arms.

any real difference between the aeroshell 33 and some antiseize like I use all over the race car?

just ordered the stock ruger bolt.
        High quality building supplies since 1948! Friendly FFL transfers of long guns, receivers, and ammunition. Feel free to call us at 516 741 4466

Comment

Originally posted by Dank27 View Post

Very sexual

Comment

Don’t mean to hijack, but a related question.
            Building a 10/22 from the ground up, what are the advantages/disadvantages, if any, between single and two stage triggers?

Comment

Originally posted by Huntington Guy View Post
              Don’t mean to hijack, but a related question.
              Building a 10/22 from the ground up, what are the advantages/disadvantages, if any, between single and two stage triggers?
              shooter preference really. I have a fair amount of rounds down range shooting service rifles....so two stage is where most of my muscle memory is.

That being said shooting smallbore or air rifle 3p......i'll take a very light single stage.

really, it's preference. if you've never spent a lot of time on a two stage trigger, shoot a friends rifle that has one. ie, this is an excuse to go shoot a garand.
              High quality building supplies since 1948! Friendly FFL transfers of long guns, receivers, and ammunition. Feel free to call us at 516 741 4466

Comment

Originally posted by Volkosupply View Post

shooter preference really. I have a fair amount of rounds down range shooting service rifles....so two stage is where most of my muscle memory is.

That being said shooting smallbore or air rifle 3p......i'll take a very light single stage.

really, it's preference. if you've never spent a lot of time on a two stage trigger, shoot a friends rifle that has one. ie, this is an excuse to go shoot a garand.
                Guess I need to break out my Garand, thx

Comment

Originally posted by Huntington Guy View Post

Guess I need to break out my Garand, thx
                  breaking out the garand is pretty much a standard volko answer. even before Clint Eastwood did it on his front lawn. Everyone should do it as often as possible.

someone could probably argue that me shooting a 4.5 lb two stage trigger with a 2 lb second stage is just like shooting a 2 lb single stage trigger....but really I like to be able to have a pause point available to me.

Im sure there are some smiths that could chime in as to why they may recommend one over the other for their customers.

Comment

Originally posted by DrBrianDDS View Post

Very sexual
                    Lol

Comment

DB99E325-3B5F-4C94-B6BE-98DFC3152677.jpeg

This looks like a great build for a Appleseed rifle!
                      The natural liberty of man is to be free from any superior power on earth, and not to be under the will or legislative authority of man, but only to have the law of nature for his rule ...Samuel Adams, "The Rights of the Colonists" page 419

Comment

Internals ?
                        NRA Instructor / RSO & NRA Life Member / S.A.F.E. Armorer / 03-FFL / Moist Nugget gun nut / Ammosexual / And a right wing Republican Jew with guns

Comment

Originally posted by Ancap View Post
                          DB99E325-3B5F-4C94-B6BE-98DFC3152677.jpeg

This looks like a great build for a Appleseed rifle!
                          That's a sweet looking 10/22. Looks like a cross between a Ruger and Henry. That scope looks backwards to me, maybe I'm just dislesick today..............

Comment

Originally posted by Loadingdockman View Post

That's a sweet looking 10/22. Looks like a cross between a Ruger and Henry. That scope looks backwards to me, maybe I'm just dislesick today..............
                            the scope is a 1-4 so it does look off....but I bet the zero magnification setting is perfect for Appleseed! No image shake and no sights to line up!
                            The natural liberty of man is to be free from any superior power on earth, and not to be under the will or legislative authority of man, but only to have the law of nature for his rule ...Samuel Adams, "The Rights of the Colonists" page 419

Comment

that's proper.

Comment

so brimstone turned the trigger around in five days. that includes installing one of those funky mag releases.

i'm pretty ok with that.

Comment

Working...
                                X