How to send back rifle to Ruger?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to send back rifle to Ruger?

Seems like I need to send my 10/22 back to Ruger due to constant failure to load issues. I have 5 Ruger magazines and I have the same issue with all 5.

They told me I need to go to a dealer who will arrange to have it sent back to them (of course they are closed for a week 7/4-7/8). I bought it at Dicks, do they ship back? or do I have to find an FFL to handle this?

You do not need an FFL to send a gun back to the MFG for repair. You will need to bring it to a hub to ship and not just a UPS store.

Make sure you get an return auth from Ruger first though.
    Pat ------> NRA Lifetime Endowment Member #FAAFO

Comment

I asked that specific question and they told me has to be shipped from a dealer/FFL, they would not give the the return auth. Maybe the customer service person was wrong? I'll call back and ask again

Comment

I checked their own owners manual and it says I can ship it.

How about getting it back? That has to go to an FFL?

This is the quote from their manual. If I can't receive it back it must go through an FFL

The Federal Gun Control Act, as well as the laws of most states and localities, do not prohibit an individual (who is not otherwise barred from purchasing or possessing a firearm) from shipping a firearm directly to the manufacturer for repair. However, before you ship your rifle to us, be certain that your state or locality does not have a law or regulation which will prohibit you from receiving the rifle from us after it has been repaired. If such receiving is prohibited, then please have a Federally Licensed firearms dealer ship the gun to us. If your rifle is sent to us by a dealer, it will be returned to that dealer after being repaired. If a handgun (pistol or revolver) is shipped by an individual who does not hold a Federal Firearms License, it must be shipped for overnight delivery via U.P.S., Federal Express or other, similar private overnight service. NOTE: Handguns may not be shipped via U.S. Mail. Handguns mailed in violation of the law are impounded by the Post Office. Rifles and shotguns may be shipped via U.S. mail.

Comment

I shipped a handgun back to S&W myself and it was returned to my house via FedEx.

Comment

I'm sure you can thank Cuomo and the Safe Act for this extra cost.

Comment

Originally posted by MFStang View Post
              Seems like I need to send my 10/22 back to Ruger due to constant failure to load issues. I have 5 Ruger magazines and I have the same issue with all 5.

They told me I need to go to a dealer who will arrange to have it sent back to them (of course they are closed for a week 7/4-7/8). I bought it at Dicks, do they ship back? or do I have to find an FFL to handle this?
              Before you send it back, what is the issue? Maybe some of us can help troubleshoot and resolve?
              Ben

Comment

I've had to send a couple guns to manufacturers for repair/warranty work. One I sent myself, and was a pain to ship it. The others I brought to SSS, and they took care of the shipping/return for me. Plus, I knew it would be in good hands until I could pick it up, instead of potentially being left at my door or in a hub where packages tend to go missing occasionally.

My vote says ship it through a LGS for ease/peace of mind.

Comment

Originally posted by TTSkipper View Post

Before you send it back, what is the issue? Maybe some of us can help troubleshoot and resolve?
                  Loose magazine causing failure to load. I have 5 ruger magazines and same issue with all 5. If I keep pressure on the bottom of the mag, I have no issues, otherwise the mag moves down and the next round is too low to move up into the chamber.

I've already replaced the charging spring, hammer and extractor

Comment

Originally posted by Mosin1942 View Post
                    I've had to send a couple guns to manufacturers for repair/warranty work. One I sent myself, and was a pain to ship it. The others I brought to SSS, and they took care of the shipping/return for me. Plus, I knew it would be in good hands until I could pick it up, instead of potentially being left at my door or in a hub where packages tend to go missing occasionally.

My vote says ship it through a LGS for ease/peace of mind.
                    I agree but that means I may have to ocver an expense for warranty work. I bought it from Dicks so I'm going to call them and see if they will handle it for me for no charge

Comment

All I have to say is:
                      Dicks.

Comment

Originally posted by pandm View Post
                        All I have to say is:
                        Dicks.
                        Yeah but I got it for $199, no-one local was close

Comment

Originally posted by Paté View Post
                          You do not need an FFL to send a gun back to the MFG for repair. You will need to bring it to a hub to ship and not just a UPS store.

Make sure you get an return auth from Ruger first though.
                          Or use USPS
                          Take a young person shooting.... Take 2 or more if you can...

Comment

Originally posted by NRATC53 View Post

Or use USPS
                            Pretty sure you can't ship a firearm USPS

edit: Was thinking handguns, rifles are ok. Just follow their rules.

Comment

Originally posted by MFStang View Post

Loose magazine causing failure to load. I have 5 ruger magazines and same issue with all 5. If I keep pressure on the bottom of the mag, I have no issues, otherwise the mag moves down and the next round is too low to move up into the chamber.

I've already replaced the charging spring, hammer and extractor
                              Charging spring, hammer and extractor are not going to help with the mag dropping. You may want to try and new mag release lever and make sure that the plunger for the mag is not getting stuck in the trigger housing due to rough manufacturing.

Take a look at this video, this may be the resolution to your issue.
                              Ben

Comment

Working...
                              X