Buying a Springfield M1A Wood Stock

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying a Springfield M1A Wood Stock

Any suggestions for a Wood Stock for my M1A? I am planning to pull it from the SA Synthetic stock. I have the National Match Medium Wt. Barrel.
    I'd like something reasonably priced. I am glad to put some work into finishing and or restoring. I see GI Stocks in different grades and wood in a couple of places.
    I also see that Boyds offers a stock.

Thanks!

You could always see what LRB has laying around the shop.

If you go for a National Match profile stock you will probably have to bed the receiver.
    High quality building supplies since 1948! Friendly FFL transfers of long guns, receivers, and ammunition. Feel free to call us at 516 741 4466

Comment

Couple forums online indicate that the Medium Weight Profile Barrel drops right into USGI stocks. Any reason for a NM Profile Stock?
      I see that LRB has some stocks listed as In-Stock. Are they open for retail sales? Or drop shipping In-Stock items?

Comment

i have a wood stock in nice shape , minus the but plate , pm me for more info

Comment

I bought one from Springfield and one from Fred's. The USGI has a cutout for the full auto selector.

Comment

Thank you all for the responses and recommendations. I visited LRB and picked up a Boyd's Walnut Stock. I spent a significant amount of time with the LRB team and they could not have been more accommodating, showing me a number of stocks and explaining all of the different options for an M1A. Lately, I tend to make all of my purchases online but the LRB experience was well worth my time and money. I highly recommend LRB and look forward to doing more business with them in the future.

Comment

She's a beaut Clark!!!

Comment

Shit. Now I want to go buy a wood stock for mine. Nice looking piece you have there.
                "The devil doesn't come dressed in a red cape and pointy horns. He comes as everything you've ever wished for.”
                Tucker Max

Infirmitate Invitat Violentiam
                Finicky Fat Guy

Comment

The people at LRB are the goods. Especially for what you wanted.

Finicky Fat Guy do it......
                  High quality building supplies since 1948! Friendly FFL transfers of long guns, receivers, and ammunition. Feel free to call us at 516 741 4466

Comment

Check out tree line. He’s got a lot of stocks and his prices are good. I went with one of his stoucks and I’m happy with it.

Comment

83D8F493-077F-4DAA-A986-8605757C9991.jpeg It wouldn’t let me post the picture in my last post but the rifle in the middle is my M1A scout with a walnut stock from treeline. I wound up hitting it with Boiled Linseed soil and it made a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by blwn89gt View Post
                        83D8F493-077F-4DAA-A986-8605757C9991.jpeg It wouldn’t let me post the picture in my last post but the rifle in the middle is my M1A scout with a walnut stock from treeline. I wound up hitting it with Boiled Linseed soil and it made a difference.
                        What HK91/G3 copy is that?
                        No Better Friend, No Worse Enemy

- U.S. Marines

Comment

Originally posted by Dan 0351 View Post

What HK91/G3 copy is that?
                          It’s just a Cetme by century, believe it or not I’ve had zero issues and from what I was told PTR assembled a bunch of them for century.

Comment

I have a few 91's and a couple of the wood stock CETME's, never shot the clones though.
                            No Better Friend, No Worse Enemy

- U.S. Marines

Comment

Originally posted by Volkosupply View Post
                              The people at LRB are the goods. Especially for what you wanted.

Finicky Fat Guy do it......
                              Volko has never steered me the wrong way.. thanks again!

Comment

Working...
                              X