Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi-Point compliant carbine

https://www.hi-pointfirearms.com/hi-...nt-ca-comp.php

a vendor at the Middletown gun show was selling these. I think that's kind of pushing the envelope considering those rivets all the only thing holding it on
    "The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth."

Time to break out the crayons and Etch- a -sketch

Comment

Hey if it makes it compliant, so be it. Hard and fast guidance/rules would be nice though... none would make way more sense but we cant have that now...🙄

Comment

Not so sure about it. I certainly wouldn't want to be the guy to test it in public.
        Says CA compliant but does not say NY. Not that that would mean anything either way without a letter from Troop L anyway.
        But it looks flimsy and too easy to remove as well as the holes in the stock could be interpreted as "thumbholes"

Not saying it wouldn't be found compliant but it's very possible, even likely IMO, that you could get jammed up with a LEO if he feels like it.
        Now you have to defend a felony arrest and you lose all your guns until you are acquitted.
        If you live in Nassau County you then have to sue the Police Department to get your guns back.

Remember, there was a guy in Nassau county arrested under the Cuomo Act for having an unmodified original SKS with a fixed mag. He also never got any of his guns back after the charges were dropped.

Screenshot (69).png
        Last edited by Aquabach; 09-10-2019, 09:25 AM.
        "Get a Dog. Cause Cats Are For Bitches!"

Comment

Originally posted by Vitaman View Post
          [ I think that's kind of pushing the envelope considering those rivets all the only thing holding it on
          Look a little closer at the other side. Those are phillips head screws.

NRA Life member

Comment

Risk my freedom, and, my life relying on a Highpoint?

I'd rather choose a spork...
            "Except the Lord build they labor in vain that build it." I firmly believe this; and I also believe that without his concurring aid we shall succeed in this political building no better than the Builders of Babel: We shall be divided by our little partial local interests; our projects will be confounded, and we ourselves shall God governs in the affairs of men. I have lived, Sir, a long time..."
            Ben Franklin, arguably our least faith driven founding father

Comment

Is it going to have “YEET LAWS ROCKET” silk screened on the side? Lol

Comment

Big risk for a Hi point....
                Taurus maybe,not Hi point

Comment

Indeed a big risk in NY.

This is compliant in California because they actually have a more specific definition of "pistol grip" in their laws.

(d) "pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon" means a grip that allows for a pistol style grasp in which the web of the trigger hand (between the thumb and index finger) can be placed below the top of the exposed portion of the trigger while firing.

Comment

While I still had my Hi-Point in NY, I cut the pistol grip short, right below the lowest action piece and put a round piece of plexi-glass with a rectangular hole to help stabilize the mag. It worked pretty good still. Once it went to PA, got the aftermarket stock for it.

Comment

Working...
                    X