Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NY compliant FN SCAR

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    NY compliant FN SCAR

    Sorry if this has been discussed numerous times, I couldn't find anything while researching so I figured I'd ask.

    I know the Scar is not NY compliant by any means but if the folding stock did not fold and the mag was locked wouldn't it then be compliant?

    I know they make a kit to stop the stock from folding but I cannot find a maglock kit like the AR-10, 15. Only the CA bullet button. I don't think the AR-10 maglock will work because the button on the AR is oval and the scar is a circle. Does anyone know if there is one made for it or the only option would be welding (not happenings)?

    #2
    Maybe I'm wrong, but once you fix the mag you can have whatever the hell else you want on it… including the folding stock.
    Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

    Comment


      #3
      That's like putting a penis on a Super Hot Chick

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by LazyLab View Post
        That's like putting a penis on a Super Hot Chick
        You mean like making her hotter?
        Pat ------> NRA Lifetime Endowment Member #FAAFO

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Barnslayer View Post
          Maybe I'm wrong, but once you fix the mag you can have whatever the hell else you want on it… including the folding stock.
          You could be right, not sure either but either way I still need to find out if a company makes a maglock for it.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Addiction1722 View Post

            You could be right, not sure either but either way I still need to find out if a company makes a maglock for it.
            Check the NY(un)SAFE site. You'll see the removable mag is the qualifier. As long as it's fixed you're good to go.

            This may do the trick.

            http://www.calegalmags.com/RADDLOCK-...ock_p_360.html
            Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

            Comment


              #7
              Again, my opinion on these things is some rifles are in the "why bother" category in terms of removing or neutering features to be in a non-AW configuration per SAFE.

              Taking away the most robust platform of the AK (it's trusty semi auto blowback), putting a fixed mag on a battle rifle. Making a fixed mag SCAR just to have the features?

              It's like a Jeep without 4x4 and a go cart engine in it, at some point you're venturing into replica territory. Now I understand the cases where people had rifles before SAFE they don't want to register on principle so they go that route, but seeking a "NY Compliant" SCAR....

              And again, there's no thing as "Ny compliant really". Under the SAFE act a gun either is an Assault Weapon (AW) by the definition of the act (if it has features that meet the criteria). If it does not have the features that make it an AW then it is not (though I get that's what people mean by "NY compliant")


              ...but do what makes you happy (Addco in OH has done compliance work on NY SCARS prior to SAFE)

              Comment


                #8
                On of those is on my must have list one day soon.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Barnslayer View Post

                  Check the NY(un)SAFE site. You'll see the removable mag is the qualifier. As long as it's fixed you're good to go.

                  This may do the trick.

                  http://www.calegalmags.com/RADDLOCK-...ock_p_360.html
                  This wont work. This is the CA compliant bullet button.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Addiction1722 View Post

                    This wont work. This is the CA compliant bullet button.
                    Can you epoxy or weld it?

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Addiction1722 View Post

                      This wont work. This is the CA compliant bullet button.
                      What if you fill in the hole for the bullet with epoxy?
                      Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Destro View Post
                        Again, my opinion on these things is some rifles are in the "why bother" category in terms of removing or neutering features to be in a non-AW configuration per SAFE.

                        Taking away the most robust platform of the AK (it's trusty semi auto blowback), putting a fixed mag on a battle rifle. Making a fixed mag SCAR just to have the features?

                        It's like a Jeep without 4x4 and a go cart engine in it, at some point you're venturing into replica territory. Now I understand the cases where people had rifles before SAFE they don't want to register on principle so they go that route, but seeking a "NY Compliant" SCAR....

                        And again, there's no thing as "Ny compliant really". Under the SAFE act a gun either is an Assault Weapon (AW) by the definition of the act (if it has features that meet the criteria). If it does not have the features that make it an AW then it is not (though I get that's what people mean by "NY compliant")


                        ...but do what makes you happy (Addco in OH has done compliance work on NY SCARS prior to SAFE)
                        I understand where your coming from but every AR sold in NY with the evil features has a maglock on it now as well. I would say it's more like having to maps, high boost and low boost. The maglock would be the low boost for NY and without the Maglock would be high boost for most other states.

                        Future plans are for buying land in Virginia which the maglock will not be an issue.

                        I appreciate the info.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Addiction1722 View Post

                          I understand where your coming from but every AR sold in NY with the evil features has a maglock on it now as well. I would say it's more like having to maps, high boost and low boost. The maglock would be the low boost for NY and without the Maglock would be high boost for most other states.

                          Future plans are for buying land in Virginia which the maglock will not be an issue.

                          I appreciate the info.
                          Every AR sold in NY does not have a maglock or fixed mag on it...only if you "want" the evil features, which don't effect defensive or range shooting in most cases...in most cases that is style over substance. Remember a lot of ARs in free states don't even have the evil features...most coyote guns or "varmint" ARs are bull barrels with a fixed stock, same for match guns.

                          Threadless barrel with a spur and fixed stock or thordo is one way to go (and you're not altering the performance of the rifle, remember many predator rigs in free states are ARs with a fixed stock and bull barrel).

                          I get if you want the look then you can get a fixed mag just to have the features, but it's less useful as a gun and more for show...you can also not go semi and get a pump or straight pull then as well. If you need to have the "look" then get a fixed mag AR, but a SCAR has the features for performance secondary to a detachable mag semi auto (which is the most important thing on it), so it's like having a jeep without 4x4 and a go cart engine in it.

                          But check out ADCO in OH, google thier site. They had compliant SCARs a while back and do "compliance work"

                          spurs2.jpg

                          ARSTOX.jpg


                          ARNY2.jpg
                          Last edited by Destro; 07-11-2016, 01:45 PM.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Hey, I'm all for NYSAFing a parts AR just because. Dropping nearly 3K to fuck up a SCAR ain't right.
                            When they kick out your front door
                            How you gonna come?
                            With your hands on your head
                            Or on the trigger of your gun?

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Sherm66 View Post
                              Hey, I'm all for NYSAFing a parts AR just because. Dropping nearly 3K to fuck up a SCAR ain't right.
                              And that's the thing. This is a SCAR we're talking about. If you need the look, I get it, get a regular fixed mag AR and put all the features on it. But a SCAR? You're paying for that semi auto/detachable mag performance first and foremost, messing with it to a neutered NY version...hey, if you really got the money to burn then fine, but that's like rattle can painting a Ferrari and putting a 4cyl engine in it (which if you've got the money to do, knock yourself out).

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X