Took the Marlin Camp 9 to the range yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Took the Marlin Camp 9 to the range yesterday

Yeah, I sound like a broken record, but I really enjoy that rifle, as well as anyone i hand it to to shoot it.. I picked it up around 6 years ago, before I got a pistol license, but wanted a rifle in a pistol caliber. No one paid them any due while they were being made, and while they had their foibles, they were easily remedied. Now PCC carbines are the rage., and Ruger came out with the PC9 take down. it has a certain coolness factor that the new offerings don't provide IMHO.
    Attached Files
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock.

Originally posted by Vitaman View Post
    Now PCC carbines are the rage.

I think that really depends on when you started to buy/collect firearms.

Pistol caliber Colt Lightnings, Winchesters and Marlins from the 1870's (you were too young back then) - were very popular!

In the 80's and 90's I collected PCC's like the Uzi, HK94, HK USC .45, Colt AR-15 9mm, Feather AT-9, MK 760, Calico 9mm, etc. They were pretty popular, but not as popular as the Mini-14's. .223 AR's we few and far between in my circles, and back then only with 20" barrels. The 16" version were even more rare.

But there does seem to be an uptick in PCC's nowadays, mostly due to your range reports!
    "The Open Carry guy is my decoy."

Comment

Originally posted by Dan 0351 View Post

I think that really depends on when you started to buy/collect firearms.

Pistol caliber Colt Lightnings, Winchesters and Marlins from the 1870's (you were too young back then) - were very popular!

In the 80's and 90's I collected PCC's like the Uzi, HK94, HK USC .45, Colt AR-15 9mm, Feather AT-9, MK 760, Calico 9mm, etc. They were pretty popular, but not as popular as the Mini-14's. .223 AR's we few and far between in my circles, and back then only with 20" barrels. The 16" version were even more rare.

But there does seem to be an uptick in PCC's nowadays, mostly due to your range reports!
      nopics.gif
      Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock.

Comment

I wish I would have kept one for myself when I did that group buy.

Vick
        High quality building supplies since 1948! Friendly FFL transfers of long guns, receivers, and ammunition. Feel free to call us at 516 741 4466

Comment

Originally posted by Volkosupply View Post
          I wish I would have kept one for myself when I did that group buy.

Vick
          I wish I had bought one when you did that group buy.

Comment

Working...
          X