Ruger Mini 14 Tactical

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HulkSmash22 View Post

I thought the tactical had a muzzle break/flash hider permanently affixed?
    that's a no-no also... the Ranch model is the only one that's legal here..

Comment

Originally posted by HyFiveGuns View Post

that's a no-no also... the Ranch model is the only one that's legal here..
      Interesting....thanks for all the info guys.,...back to the drawing board.....so if it had no threaded barrel and no flash suppressor, theoretically, it would be good to go.

Comment

Interesting....thanks for all the info guys.,...back to the drawing board.....so if it had no threaded barrel and no flash suppressor, theoretically, it would be good to go.
        Which means, you buy the Ranch model. Don't worry, it comes in black/blued, and black/stainless, so it's almost as scary as the Tactical model.

https://www.ruger.com/products/mini1...eets/5855.html
        https://www.ruger.com/products/mini1...eets/5805.html

Good luck finding one.
        Steve

Comment

sent you pm

Comment

I should have bought a mini when they were 450 on gunbroker

Comment

I'm assuming this takes standard AR-15 magazines, but I am not sure. Can anyone confirm or deny?
              Ruger only for sure.

Comment

Fuck. It comes with 20 rounders and I'm not allowed to have that as per my babysitter.,...so I'd be getting it with no mags and then have to go find them. Fuck me.
                That's why I went SCR.
                Giza Development: Building and Renovating Pyramids of Distinction Since 2435 BC 631-427-1691 (Beware the Sea People)

Comment

Yes. that is the ranch model...

I have this one: https://www.ruger.com/products/mini1...eets/5805.html.

Comment

You could (have an FFL) weld a thread cover on it and pin the mags, but buying the ranch model is probably the way to go.

Comment

Bland Ranch for us behind enemy lines my friend.

Comment

Originally posted by HyFiveGuns View Post

Yes. that is the ranch model...

I have this one: https://www.ruger.com/products/mini1...eets/5805.html.
                        Do they make 10/20 mags for that?

Comment

Do they make 10/20 mags for that?
                          You mean 10-round mags the size of 20s? No, I've never seen Ruger mags like that. Maybe after-market. A couple of companies make Mini-14 mags but they're generally not as good as Ruger. Some just plain suck. Stay with Ruger mags.

The only downside to Ruger Mags is the price. 10-round mags run between 30-40$. Fucking outrageous. I love my Mini-14 stainless / synthetic Ranch but a good supply of magazines can cost you almost as much as the rifle itself.
                          To be human is to be armed.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAMMO!! View Post

You mean 10-round mags the size of 20s? No, I've never seen Ruger mags like that. Maybe after-market. A couple of companies make Mini-14 mags but they're generally not as good as Ruger. Some just plain suck. Stay with Ruger mags.

The only downside to Ruger Mags is the price. 10-round mags run between 30-40$. Fucking outrageous. I love my Mini-14 stainless / synthetic Ranch but a good supply of magazines can cost you almost as much as the rifle itself.
                            I’m used to sig mags at $50 and up.

Comment

I have some 5rd mags for my 14. Still pricey for what they are but it’s an option.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntington Guy View Post
                                I have some 5rd mags for my 14. Still pricey for what they are but it’s an option.
                                Or I could just go magless and load one in the pipe every time I wanna shoot it. 🤣🤣🤣

Comment

Working...
                                X