Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

German Company Producing Modern "FG-42" Rifles, One Variant in 7.62x54 w/ SVD Mags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

German Company Producing Modern "FG-42" Rifles, One Variant in 7.62x54 w/ SVD Mags

Sport Systeme Dittrich SG13 – Modernized FG-42 Taking SVD Mags

Hrachya H
    4 months ago
    Sport Systeme Dittrich SG13 - Modernized FG-42 Taking SVD Mags

Sport Systeme Dittrich (SSD) is a German company specialized in making reproductions of historical German firearms. Besides that, they also make modernized versions of the legendary WW2 German paratrooper rifle, the FG-42. The SSD’s modernized FG-42s feature a number of upgrades such as railed handguards, modern pistol grips, muzzle devices, new finish, etc. They currently have two models (SG11 and SG12) chambered in .308 Win and a prototype model (SG13) that will most definitely break the hearts of purists as it is not only an FG-42 that has been fitted with modern parts but also is chambered in 7.62x54mmR and is fed from SVD magazines.

SG11 is a longer barreled version of SSD’s modernized FG-42 in .308 Win.

To be honest, I don’t hate guns like this. While I admire the historical firearms, I don’t see any reason why guns like this should not be made or experimented with unless it is done at a cost of ruining a rare historical firearm. Well, it looks like SSD guns are all newly made in house.

While chambering these guns in .308 Win is an understandable decision as in most parts of the world this cartridge is more readily available than the original FG-42 cartridge (8mm Mauser), I wonder if the 7.62x54mmR version is just a pure experiment, or is it aimed to a certain market. The civilian firearms market of Russia and post-soviet countries would likely prefer the 7.62x54mmR cartridge and SVD/Tigr magazine compatibility as both the ammunition and magazines are plentiful in these countries.

Sport Systeme Dittrich SG12 has a shorter barrel.

3.png
    1.png

4.png
    Attached Files
    It's all the same, we're all ashamed of our children who can't read between the lies of their textbooks
    This world must bear witness to a revolution every now and then
    We clutched our quills to scribe the bills of this great nation
    Now show me you can hold a fucking pen

They’d probably sell way more if they looked more like the original. I mean any of us that played whatever that one Wolfenstein was would be interested.
    High quality building supplies since 1948! Friendly FFL transfers of long guns, receivers, and ammunition. Feel free to call us at 516 741 4466

Comment

Originally posted by Volkosupply View Post
      They’d probably sell way more if they looked more like the original. I mean any of us that played whatever that one Wolfenstein was would be interested.
      There's been companies that have made semi-auto versions of them - but $$$$.
      "The Open Carry guy is my decoy."

Comment

kinda ugly....but nothing a few beers can't help

Comment

A modern reproduction of the Green Devils' Fallschirmjägergewehr 42 WonderWeapon.
          "The Open Carry guy is my decoy."

Comment

kinda ugly ain't the word
            I wish they would do a re make of the standard G-43 's
            High quality building supplies since 1948! Friendly FFL transfers of long guns, receivers, and ammunition. Feel free to call us at 516 741 4466

Comment

Originally posted by SemiAutoFetish View Post
              kinda ugly....but nothing a few beers can't help
              Still better looking than a glock.
              III%

Comment

Looks cartoonish
                Giza Development: Building and Renovating Pyramids of Distinction Since 2435 BC 631-427-1691 (Beware the Sea People)

Comment

Originally posted by Volkosupply View Post
                  kinda ugly ain't the word
                  I wish they would do a re make of the standard G-43 's

g43.png
                  It's all the same, we're all ashamed of our children who can't read between the lies of their textbooks
                  This world must bear witness to a revolution every now and then
                  We clutched our quills to scribe the bills of this great nation
                  Now show me you can hold a fucking pen

Comment

Working...
                  X