More Springfield/Croatian Love?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Surfer21 View Post

A departure yes but not unusual from them. IIRC , At one point in there history, they were importing clone FALs ( 5.56 & 7.62) , HK 91 clones , a semi M-60 and M6A survival rifles. Recently , they resurrected the High Power & updated it. I say bravo and keep it up! Wish they could make this banstate compliant!
    Yessir. I believe their FAL clone (SAR-48) was built on actual IMBEL receivers that where originally build on licensed Fabrique Nationale machinery.

Springfield SAR-48 (1).jpg

A barreled, stripped, IMBEL lower receiver just sold for $920 the other day. There's a complete SAR-48 for sale on GB right now, starting bid at $2,995, Buy Now at $3495, with no bids, 2 days left.
    Dan 0351
    Instructor/Collector
    Last edited by Dan 0351; 01-15-2022, 10:05 AM.
    “The Wise are silent, the Foolish speak, and children are thus led astray.”
    Algernon Blackwood

Comment

Originally posted by Dan 0351 View Post

Yessir. I believe their FAL clone (SAR-48) was built on actual IMBEL receivers that where originally build on licensed Fabrique Nationale machinery.

Springfield SAR-48 (1).jpg

A barreled, striped, IMBEL lower receiver just sold for $920 the other day. There's a complete SAR-48 for sale on GB right now, starting bid at $2,995, Buy Now at $3495, with no bids, 2 days left.
      Yes, the FALs were Imbel and the 91 were Hellenic Arms / EBO (?) made in Greece on OEM HK tooling. There innovative in a lot of things, I’ll give them that but the 3.5 million versions of the XD series go along with there previous history of the same with there 1911s, CZ clones and at one point, to a smaller extent there M1A but not as much as the other models mentioned. Bottom line is ANY new quality firearms introduced to the US market is a good thing. Plus if it’s a quality item that works reliably, has good aftermarket and OEM support and is fairly priced it should do well. Only time will tell with all this.

Comment

Just got this email
        Attached Files
        Life Member:
        American Suppressor Association
        Gun Owners of America
        Second Amendment Foundation
        National Rifle Association

Comment

• Dan 0351
          Dan 0351
          Instructor/Collector
          Dan 0351 commented
          Editing a comment
          Seems too small of a market for such a high-priced, Croation-made, KelTec look-alike, bullpup. I have been transformed and would now consider this Croate plastic if the price was much lower.

• Surfer21
          Surfer21
          Donated Member
          Surfer21 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah , SA really should have brought this to the table with a lower MSRP.

My family is Croatian and I should be offended by you all, instead I am just laughing lol

i have a Springfield XDS 45 and love it

Comment

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock.

Comment

Working...
          X