Shooting 20 gauge wax slugs today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shooting 20 gauge wax slugs today

25 yards. You can see one Keyhole. Not very accurate but it is amazing what a little wax can do to birdshot

Why?... home defense?

Comment

Originally posted by Yaphank Kid View Post
      Why?... home defense?
      No...just experimenting and getting cheap thrills..shooting slugs for $5 a box of 25. This was a thin panel but it will go thru a 2x4

Comment

Originally posted by Vitaman View Post

No...just experimenting and getting cheap thrills..shooting slugs for $5 a box of 25. This was a thin panel but it will go thru a 2x4
        I love the smell of cheap thrills anytime of the day.

Comment

I love the smell of cheap thrills anytime of the day.
          After my second divorce, my Explorer reeked of cheap thrills.

Comment

Originally posted by Genghis Khan View Post

After my second divorce, my Explorer reeked of cheap thrills.
            Probably the best post in the history of LIGC
            LOL

Comment

Wax slugs are a good time. They leave the bore nice and shiny too.

Comment

wax-on-wax-off-karate-kid-tshirt-large_1.png

Comment

Originally posted by DOUBBLE TAP View Post
                  Wax slugs are a good time. They leave the bore nice and shiny too.
                  A message to all, PLEASE either shoot them at one Calverton range session or mark them accordingly so you don't confuse them with other target loads. The worst thing that can happen is people bring them to a clays range and shoot them in the air. Everyone at the facility is in danger then.

Not picking on you Doubble Tap, just using the post to get the message out.

Comment

A message to all, PLEASE either shoot them at one Calverton range session or mark them accordingly so you don't confuse them with other target loads. The worst thing that can happen is people bring them to a clays range and shoot them in the air. Everyone at the facility is in danger then.

Pffft. What da you know?
                    Uncle Joe says it's safe.

joe-biden-advice-is-used-by-man-charged-with-ar-15.jpg

Comment

Good advice! Thuogh isn't a problem for me as these are the only clays I shootGumby_.jpg

Comment

No offense taken Yaphank

Also I feed them one at a time and give them a good shake to make sure the slug stays in the shell. I have had a couple slide out when turned upside down on a warm day because the wax softened. A barrel popping in your face will ruin your day. I like to under fill mine just a bit and hot glue over the top to top it off after they cool and that fixed the issue. They are a lot of fun and put a beating on anything they hit but like everything being responsible and knowledgeable when home brewing something will keep you (and possibly the people around you) on this side of the dirt a little longer.

Comment

No offense taken Yaphank

Also I feed them one at a time and give them a good shake to make sure the slug stays in the shell. I have had a couple slide out when turned upside down on a warm day because the wax softened. A barrel popping in your face will ruin your day. I like to under fill mine just a bit and hot glue over the top to top it off after they cool and that fixed the issue. They are a lot of fun and put a beating on anything they hit but like everything being responsible and knowledgeable when home brewing something will keep you (and possibly the people around you) on this side of the dirt a little longer.
                          You do it the correct way. You cut the tops so you can differentiate between wax slugs and target loads. Many people pry the crimp up pour the wax in and then push the crimp back down. That's when it gets sketchy.

Comment

Next time try finish nails and wax, interesting results they spread out wouldn't want to be on the other end of them.
                            stay alive, carry a 45

Comment

No offense taken Yaphank

I also feed them one at a time and put them in the freezer the day before I plan on using them

Comment

Working...
                              X