Baretta A300

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baretta A300

Got an email, Field & Stream has a special this week, $200 off the Baretta A300 in either wood or camo, making the cost $599. Always planned to pick up a shotgun I could shoot trap or skeet with, just havnt gotten around to it. Is the A300 a good gun? Is this a great deal that should be jumped on?

I bought one early last year online for around $630 and thought it was a great deal for the wood version. I haven't kept up with their current market value but it seems like a great deal to me. I like mine a lot.

Comment

go for it. wood
      A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks. -Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Whow a gun question by Billy. I almost fell over. 😳 Seems like a good deal.

Comment

Originally posted by trap25 View Post
          go for it. wood
          If you get the cammo version, nobody will see it.....

Comment

Originally posted by Loadingdockman View Post
            If you get the cammo version, nobody will see it.....
            Wood for the Trap Shooters . Camo for the Duck Hunters . Black for the "operators"
            A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks. -Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I have one I bought about 4 years ago. It's a very nice affordable gun that reliable and well put together. I got the synthetic version and coming with shims and the ability to change the cant for us southpaws. It shoots quite nice and a big plus is the easy disassembly for cleaning. It's a piece of cake to do compared to its predecessor and many other semi auto scatterguns. I recommend it.
              "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction" R.R.

Comment

👍

Comment

So I have to be in Melville this morning to pick up a trailer, so I am going to stop at Field and Stream. If they have the A300 in wood, it is meant to be, and Happy Birthday to me. Should they have it, what ammo should I buy? I honestly dont really evenb know the difference between skeet and trap, but whatever one people do, thats what I want to try with it. What should I have on hand mas a starter?

Comment

For trap you shouldn't use anything bigger than 00 Buckshot.

7 1/2 target loads.
                    I usually pick mine up at Yaphank; Suffolk Trap & Skeet when I go. Prices are fair and every time I buy some I smile and think of that Bitch legislator that repeatedly tries to shut them down and loses.

Comment

Originally posted by Aquabach View Post

7 1/2 target loads.
                      I usually pick mine up at Yaphank; Suffolk Trap & Skeet when I go. Prices are fair and every time I buy some I smile and think of that Bitch legislator that repeatedly tries to shut them down and loses.
                      1200 fps or regular?

Comment

Originally posted by Aquabach View Post

7 1/2 target loads.
                        This is why even though I'm pretty sure I"ve only met you once, you're one of my favorite gun guys on long island.
                        High quality building supplies since 1948! Friendly FFL transfers of long guns, receivers, and ammunition. Feel free to call us at 516 741 4466

Comment

12 ga , 1-1/8oz, 2-3/4", # 8, or 7-1/2" to start. You will learn about other loads later.
                          Some semi 's will not cycle well with Light Loads : use 2-3/4 dram or 3 dram for best.
                          See you at Yaphank Nov 19 LIGC meet up ?

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBonds View Post
                            So I have to be in Melville this morning to pick up a trailer, so I am going to stop at Field and Stream. If they have the A300 in wood, it is meant to be, and Happy Birthday to me. Should they have it, what ammo should I buy? I honestly dont really evenb know the difference between skeet and trap, but whatever one people do, thats what I want to try with it. What should I have on hand mas a starter?
                            Just a heads up. Not sure if Beretta still does it with their shotguns but when you get it make sure you clean the chamber and bore real good. When I got mine the chamber, bore was coated in a sticky grease, preservative gak. I cleaned it pretty good I thought but some empties got stuck in the chamber after firing. Had to abort a trap session early and had to scrub it real good with a stiff chamber brush with a good amount of CLP. Since that initial good cleaning the 300 eats everything, from very light target loads to 1oz slugs perfectly. Enjoy.
                            "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction" R.R.

Comment

My semi recommended full power loads for the first couple of hundred to break in and then you could use target loads.

Comment

Working...
                              X