No announcement yet.

Remington 870 DM (Detachable Magazine)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably better in the front. Pull the pump back drop the mag in the same motion pull up the new mag. Pull the pump forward sms your good to go.

Comment

This has been available for the mossy for many years now. It's tacticool and I'm all for that, but the reason you don't see it more and in practical applications is (just like civilian drum mags) it is a much less reliable feeding method.

Detachable mag intended shotguns like the many semis out there are much more reliable (and make more sense than on a pump), too bad we can't have them anymore. Still have a shitload of Saiga 12 5 rounders available if anyone is interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel1 View Post
        Can I modify my existing 870 tactical? If so, I'm in!
        Originally posted by Dank27 View Post

Same here

From the second link I posted, he says no.
        https://www.shootingillustrated.com/...70-dm-shotgun/

First, while the DM’s receiver looks like a standard 870 with a magazine well bolted on, it is a completely separate and new receiver—the two are not interchangeable. Second, don’t be fooled by the tubular-magazine-looking piece under the barrel. It’s a guide for the pump-action, nothing more.
        I don't need a gun.
        I have never needed a gun.
        I hope I never need a gun and in all likelihood, I will never need a gun.
        However, if I ever need a gun, I had better have a gun.
        Therefore, I have a gun.

Regards,
        Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Destro View Post
          This has been available for the mossy for many years now. It's tacticool and I'm all for that, but the reason you don't see it more and in practical applications is (just like civilian drum mags) it is a much less reliable feeding method.

Detachable mag intended shotguns like the many semis out there are much more reliable (and make more sense than on a pump), too bad we can't have them anymore. Still have a shitload of Saiga 12 5 rounders available if anyone is interested.
          It certainly is mind boggling when it comes to how the piece of trash legislation known as the NY SAFE act restricted shotguns even more so that rifles with regard to them being classified as assault weapons. No need for anything but being a semi-auto and having the ability to accept removable magazines (whether still removable or customized to be fixed) that can hold more than 5 rounds. Friggin politicians are a worse enemy of guns than is rust, at least rust normally takes a long time to screw up a gun whereas politicians can do so overnight, under cover of darkness, with the stroke of a pen.

Comment

I don't know, Remington has lately had trouble producing reliable tube fed 870s....

Comment

Originally posted by Lemming View Post
              I don't know, Remington has lately had trouble producing reliable tube fed 870s....
              I've been collecting riot and police guns lately and stick to vintage Remmy Wingmasters and Police Magnums...from when "Remington gave a damn" as many old-timer shotgun guys say. Wouldn't consider a new "express".

Comment

Originally posted by Lostinthewoods View Post
                I like the idea but have some questions. Why put the mag release in front of the mag? This will require a unique manual of arms. The mag feed lips look a little delicate to me.
                Screen_Shot_2017-12-04_at_7-381423.JPG
                I don’t even understand why they had to build new mags. Use saiga 12 mags. Why reinvent mags.

why I like the mossberg MVP and ruger American 7.62x39 rifles. Rather than make a all new unique mag they used what is already out there on the shelf

i still really want one of these new 870 models. Would be my new hunting shotgun

hopefully they still use standard 870 barrels
                Last edited by Gopedxr7; 12-05-2017, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Destro View Post

The Mossberg is a conversion. This is intended to be magazine-fed by design, so it should be at least as reliable as any semi-auto.

But you have an extra thing sticking out of the gun. I'm not even a fan of pistol grip shottys. Another thing that takes up more room in the safe than it needs to. Then I gotta buy magazines. Seems the more I think about it, the less intrigued I am.

Maybe you're right - I should just get an old Wingmaster and customize it.
                  I don't need a gun.
                  Therefore, I have a gun.

Regards,
                  Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Gopedxr7 View Post

I don’t even understand why they had to build new mags. Use saiga 12 mags. Why reinvent mags.
                    $$$$$$$$$

Unless these were 100% reliable out of the gate, they aren't replacing tube fed pumps anytime soon. I want a mag fed tac14 because i planned to do that type of conversion on a mossy anyways but its not going to be anything more than something fun to dick around with. As well as a big ol fuck you to new York and the nfa.

Comment

With Remington's "Quality Control" of late, I think it might be better to wait for High Point to come out with their own version...

Comment

Review with video (by an obvious fanboy).

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...agpul-shotgun/
                        I don't need a gun.
                        Therefore, I have a gun.

Regards,
                        Chris

Comment

Working...
                        X