Sub gauge Success

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sub gauge Success

Guys, I know we all love our 12 gauges, and I do as well. I bought a CG a while back and it has 20 gauge, 28 gauge and 410 tubes in a vases set. I didn’t have a 20 ga and wanted to try one and got the other tubes as well.
    I went for quail yesterday and used the 28 gauge tubes for the first time. Holy cow with skeet chokes I couldn’t miss. Even out to 50-60 yards this thing pointed great and just was intuitive on the bird. My new favorite gauge. Took 65 birds in the morning with my friend and we split the kills equally.

‘’Used the 20 gauge to bust some mallard in the afternoon. Again spot on even with 1oz loads.

If you haven’t tried a 28 gauge, I highly recommend it. If you do your part it won’t disappoint

Here she is all cleaned up
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Rrudo74901; 04-18-2018, 07:16 PM.

That’s the only gun I use for clays. Compete game changer. If you look at patterns and density the 28 is a solid performer.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarheadsergeant View Post
      That’s the only gun I use for clays. Compete game changer. If you look at patterns and density the 28 is a solid performer.
      And fun to shoot

Comment

I'm assuming CG is Caesar Guerini. They make some beautiful shotguns. Congrats!
        NRA Life member

Comment

Originally posted by Sig View Post
          I'm assuming CG is Caesar Guerini. They make some beautiful shotguns. Congrats!
          coach gun maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by Exonautic View Post

coach gun maybe?
            No he is correct

Comment

Originally posted by Rrudo74901 View Post
              Guys, I know we all love our 12 gauges, and I do as well. I bought a CG a while back and it has 20 gauge, 28 gauge and 410 tubes in a vases set. I didn’t have a 20 ga and wanted to try one and got the other tubes as well.
              I went for quail yesterday and used the 28 gauge tubes for the first time. Holy cow with skeet chokes I couldn’t miss. Even out to 50-60 yards this thing pointed great and just was intuitive on the bird. My new favorite gauge. Took 65 birds in the morning with my friend and we split the kills equally.

‘’Used the 20 gauge to bust some mallard in the afternoon. Again spot on even with 1oz loads.

If you haven’t tried a 28 gauge, I highly recommend it. If you do your part it won’t disappoint
              Great package
              Take a young person shooting.... Take 2 or more if you can...

Comment

Originally posted by NRATC53 View Post

Great package
                Thank you. I am an auction house troll so when I’m bidding on a few collectibles I cannot resist a good old over offer sometimes. This one was a no brainer at the price I paid. I also scored a Merkel 12 ga from 1954 I believe but the double trigger totally screws me up.

Comment

No he is correct
                  Shows how much I know about good over unders. How about some pictures???

Comment

Originally posted by Exonautic View Post

coach gun maybe?
                    Anyone who swats 32.5 flying quail with a coach gun is my new hero.

-Vick
                    High quality building supplies since 1948! Friendly FFL transfers of long guns, receivers, and ammunition. Feel free to call us at 516 741 4466

Comment

Thank you. I am an auction house troll so when I’m bidding on a few collectibles I cannot resist a good old over offer sometimes. This one was a no brainer at the price I paid. I also scored a Merkel 12 ga from 1954 I believe but the double trigger totally screws me up.
                      When you shoot double trigger guns you "fan fire" the triggers. Pull the front trigger then let your finger slide off of it and go to the rear trigger. It is much easier and alot more comfortable this way. The trick is to use the middle tip of your trigger finger to pull the trigger instead of using the first joint. The transition to the rear trigger is effortless then. Shoot often and it becomes second nature.
                      Last edited by Yaphank Kid; 04-17-2018, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Yaphank Kid View Post

When you shoot double trigger guns you "fan fire" the triggers. Pull the front trigger then let your finger slide off of it and go to the rear trigger. It is much easier and alot more comfortable this way. The trick is to use the middle tip of your trigger finger to pull the trigger instead or using the first joint. The transition to the rear trigger is effortless then. Shoot often and it becomes second nature.
                        It takes getting used to for sure and yes that’s the technique. I just never shot one before and when I first used it getting to the second trigger wasn’t intuitive. It’s a really nice old box lock. Freaking Germans, that locking lever is perfectly centered and the fore grip snicks into place like no other shotgun I have used.

Comment

It takes getting used to for sure and yes that’s the technique. I just never shot one before and when I first used it getting to the second trigger wasn’t intuitive. It’s a really nice old box lock. Freaking Germans, that locking lever is perfectly centered and the fore grip snicks into place like no other shotgun I have used.
                          Nice. Enjoy it!

Comment

Wtf. Pics of the guerini

Comment

Originally posted by mossy930spx View Post
                              Wtf. Pics of the guerini
                              Pics added. I have to clean it tomorrow
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X