What chokes for sporting clays

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What chokes for sporting clays

been sitting on the skeet field the past two years. Looking to do a few sporting clay runs this summer when I'm off from work (rarely).

Seeing a variety of choke combinations. I'm running a Beretta 687 silver pigeon III sporting OU.

What choke combinations have you guys been using on the island?

thanks

Raul

I'd like to know also. I've been using IC and Skeet but wished I had in Mod, for those longer shots. Doug
    A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks. -Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I usually shoot IC and mod, think that's the most common combo you'll see people using short of changing tubes at each station. I've only seen that done once and while he didn't slow our group down it seemed a little excessive.

Comment

Originally posted by Safety1st View Post
        I usually shoot IC and mod, think that's the most common combo you'll see people using short of changing tubes at each station. I've only seen that done once and while he didn't slow our group down it seemed a little excessive.
        I'm also seeing a lot of people including the light mod in the line up on other boards.

Comment

I guess my full choke would be considered excessive than?

Comment

Most O/U shooters use IC/M or LM/M

The targets at Suffolk aren't far away at all. That course can be shot with skeet chokes, but an IC will give you a little more density for rabbits. Rabbit targets are pretty thick, and a little denser pattern makes short work of them.
            I personally use IC in both barrels for sporting no matter where I shoot.

Comment

Originally posted by Yaphank Kid View Post

The targets at Suffolk aren't far away at all. That course can be shot with skeet chokes, but an IC will give you a little more density for rabbits. Rabbit targets are pretty thick, and a little denser pattern makes short work of them.
              Mike you suck ...so your saying when we miss those easy close shots we must suck so we should stick to trap..i hate you

Comment

Originally posted by Ransom View Post

Mike you suck ...so your saying when we miss those easy close shots we must suck so we should stick to trap..i hate you
                Just means you're a human. Mike isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Yaphank Kid View Post

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Ransom View Post

Maybe buying a new gun will help you hit more targets. Lol
                    That beautiful 20ga you have will kill any target on the sporting course. Take it out and have fun with it.

Comment

Originally posted by mossy930spx View Post

Just means you're a human. Mike isn't.
                      Thank you sir .

Comment

Comment

I usually run IC & LM. I may swap out to Mod once & a while.
                          NRA Life member

Comment

IC will work at most courses, I use L Mod but carry skeet chokes for close targets and Full chokes just in case they throw in a long shot.

Comment

I've been using MOD. Considering my scores I'd advise anything except MOD.
                              Apparently it keeps you from hitting anything.
                              LI Ammo, 2 Larkfield Rd. East Northport, open seven days

Comment

Working...
                              X