Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Benelli M1 by HK 1980s Tactical duty shotgun (PICS)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Genghis Khan View Post

I don't know if I have the balls to try that.
    It's actually one of the easiest refinishing jobs..if done right. It is also a great way to score police auction guns at a value and restore into something cool with minimum investment.

I'll have several re-finishing tip threads coming up with some more gun threads, and the collage below gives you the gist of it. The trick is to go easy with the solvent and not leave it on too long, so it does not "eat" into the wood. Light applications, better go a few coats and wipe/wash to remove it, than dose it too hard and scorch the wood. The bedliner is commonly found on duty guns, but right now there's no collector value on the gun. Might consider it. Do it sober though :P

bedliner_removal.jpg

Comment

You are an inspiration to us all. I am very jelly.

p.s. where does one find police auction guns? I thought they just run them over with steam rollers around here....
      A sunny day
      A shotgun and a Chevrolet
      Wouldn't you like that?

Comment

Originally posted by viper720 View Post
        You are an inspiration to us all. I am very jelly.

p.s. where does one find police auction guns? I thought they just run them over with steam rollers around here....
        I guess I was talking about department trade-ins. That's what most of the auctions I get are, old retired duty guns, etc. They're great because they are affordable, usually just have cosmetic blemishes (don't get that much actual use) and the older ones are broke in and smooth. Many of the older ones have cool markings, department logos, etc. https://www.kingsfirearmsonline.com/ is a good source of police trade-ins.
        https://www.kingsfirearmsonline.com/pages/usedguns

But you can also get police auctions of confiscated guns in some states where they do resell them and I get those through online auctions and/or gunbroker. This "mad max" cut down Browning A5 riot gun was a police confiscation out of Illinois and resold online. Thing has the leather sling and shell holder *riveted* to the stock LOL.
        A5whippet.jpg
        Last edited by Destro; 06-09-2018, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Destro View Post

I guess I was talking about department trade-ins. That's what most of the auctions I get are, old retired duty guns, etc. They're great because they are affordable, usually just have cosmetic blemishes (don't get that much actual use) and the older ones are broke in and smooth. Many of the older ones have cool markings, department logos, etc. https://www.kingsfirearmsonline.com/ is a good source of police trade-ins.
          https://www.kingsfirearmsonline.com/pages/usedguns

But you can also get police auctions of confiscated guns in some states where they do resell them and I get those through online auctions and/or gunbroker. This "mad max" cut down Browning A5 riot gun was a police confiscation out of Illinois and resold online. Thing has the leather sling and shell holder *riveted* to the stock LOL.
          A5whippet.jpg
          These are both police department trade-ins from different departments upstate. The top one's exterior was very worn, but after a short time with Bruce at Hunter's Essentials, this is what she looks like:
          (I went with "Sniper Gray", I think)

(click to enlarge)
          20180611_122419.jpg
          Last edited by Dan 0351; 06-11-2018, 08:04 PM.
          No Better Friend, No Worse Enemy

- U.S. Marines

Comment

Originally posted by Genghis Khan View Post
            Here is mine.

That's a pretty long magazine extension without a clamp. Not a duty gun I suppose?

Comment

Originally posted by SirMixAlot View Post

That's a pretty long magazine extension without a clamp. Not a duty gun I suppose?
              Define "duty gun"

Comment

I have an m121 i may be willing to trade an old pd duty gun all original some scratches on the wood stock , never got use to loading benelli button thing, it i believe a safty feature but awkward for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Trublu View Post
                  I have an m121 i may be willing to trade an old pd duty gun all original some scratches on the wood stock , never got use to loading benelli button thing, it i believe a safty feature but awkward for me.
                  PM sent.
                  No Better Friend, No Worse Enemy

- U.S. Marines

Comment

"I outran the gun, hammer followed the bolt."
                    Which is not hard to do. Which is why the Benelli is far from the fastest shotgun in the world. lol

Comment

Working...
                    X