No announcement yet.

Let’s talk clay busting boom sticks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stopped over at Suffolk trap and skeet today to try out the A300 ( yes, in the heat of the day). Shot 2 rounds of skeet, did ok with sweat in the eyes. Like the gun a lot. Obviously a big upgrade from my 870. Shot mostly doubles cause I wanted to see how well the gas system cycled. Had a few jams but I believe it was because of the Winchester ammo. My buddy had problems with that ammo in his 870 a few weeks ago. Yaphank Kid confirmed my suspicion and we took the A300 back out with some fioccio ammo and fired off 3 rounds consecutively each and no issues cycling.

A big thank you to Mike for your time at the end! Will try and remember some of those pointers you gave me! I will be back for a lesson or 2 in the near future

Comment

Originally posted by mossy930spx View Post

Must be nice... I'll have money saved up when I'm like 50 for a nice $10k O/U.... assuming I'm near a skeet range when (not if) I move out of NY.
      Picture doesn’t do it justice as it does in person 😉

Comment

Originally posted by Turfman81 View Post

Picture doesn’t do it justice as it does in person 😉
        I shot it. I just hang on, it breaks clays on its own

Comment

Stopped over at Suffolk trap and skeet today to try out the A300 ( yes, in the heat of the day). Shot 2 rounds of skeet, did ok with sweat in the eyes. Like the gun a lot. Obviously a big upgrade from my 870. Shot mostly doubles cause I wanted to see how well the gas system cycled. Had a few jams but I believe it was because of the Winchester ammo. My buddy had problems with that ammo in his 870 a few weeks ago. Yaphank Kid confirmed my suspicion and we took the A300 back out with some fioccio ammo and fired off 3 rounds consecutively each and no issues cycling.

A big thank you to Mike for your time at the end! Will try and remember some of those pointers you gave me! I will be back for a lesson or 2 in the near future
          Great seeing you today. Welcome to the addiction.

Comment

Originally posted by iceburg View Post
            Have you looked at the Stoeger brand ? M3000 ..
            Stoeger M3500 is perfect for the price and has similar Benelli inertia drive OS
            A .45acp says go away in any language ~ Clint Smith

Comment

let me know when you're doing a skeet lesson with mike. I've never shot proper skeet and figure that's one of those life skills I need.
              High quality building supplies since 1948! Friendly FFL transfers of long guns, receivers, and ammunition. Feel free to call us at 516 741 4466

Comment

I have a used Super Black Eagle for sale, but I'm not sure it would be a good clay gun. It's going to take quite a load to cycle.
                These were made to shoot real birds, not clay ones. Probably need 1-1/8 ounces to cycle.

LI Ammo, 2 Larkfield Rd. East Northport, open seven days

Comment

Originally posted by SteveT View Post

Ideally, a spare A400 case. I like the size. Hard case, fairly thin, short. I just don't want to spend $140 on it.
                  Hey Steve, thought you may be interested in this:
                  http://www.berettausa.com/en-us/bere...to-case/svp12/

Comment

Berretta does it betta

Comment

Originally posted by winston View Post
                      Berretta does it betta
                      Beretta..........and I agree
                      NRA Life member

Comment

Working...
                      X