No announcement yet.

LIGC’s favorite game, Is It Legal.....?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks. I just bought a gun I had no intention of buying. A Polish P64 for $199.

Comment

Not a shotgun so legally legal, but not legal NewYorkly.
      Remember, plenty of things that are totally legal according to Federal and even NY State law... are still "illegal". This is NY, even the law doesn't matter.
      John Valuk is dead. He fell on his head.

Comment

"AWS uses a virgin receiver..."

LOL, selling virgins online? Gotta be illegal just for that>

Can't wait to see one on the Skeet/Trap range
        Last edited by Fenucho; 10-03-2018, 05:20 AM.

Comment

Ok, so let’s go at it like this. Would any of our friendly neighborhood FFL’s take this in for transfer to non LEO’s?

Comment

Originally posted by TheMongoose View Post
            Ok, so let’s go at it like this. Would any of our friendly neighborhood FFL’s take this in for transfer to non LEO’s?
            I'll do my homework. If we can transfer it, I get the first one.

With the shockwave type guns, we got a State and a County letter that said it was OK.
            Let's see where this goes. I'd also like to see the ATF letter on this firearm to see if it mimics the shockwave letter.

The firearm shouldn't be banned by the Safe Act unless the State decides to call this a pistol, even though the ATF doesn't call this a pistol. The State has some different definitions than the federal law on quite a number of items. Anyone who has tried to buy a Mare's Leg or a Pardini knows this all too well.

LI Ammo, 2 Larkfield Rd. East Northport, open seven days

Comment

sadly no. we used to laugh at the saiga sport 12 gauges. now we wish we can have them lol

Comment

I would like to see where this goes. Why is it classified as an 'other' in the first place?
                “Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by sheeple View Post
                  I would like to see where this goes. Why is it classified as an 'other' in the first place?
                  I haven't seen the letter on this firearm, but the explanation from the ATF on the shockwave is actually pretty simple and it likely applies here as well.

Step 1. The Federal definition of a shotgun says that a shotgun is designed to be fired from the shoulder. Since these do not have full length stocks and are NOT designed to be fired from the shoulder, they are not shotguns, but simply firearms..

Step 2. They do not fit the NFA description of a firearm subject to NFA rules, mostly because they are not designed to be concealable.... because of the 26" length,

Therefore, they do not fit the description of rifle, pistol or shotgun, so they are 'other'. Important to note that if you change the grip on a shockwave to a non-approved version, or design a concealable carry holster for it, you might run afoul of the law. The ATF letter about the Mossberg is clear that their opinion can change if small elements of the shockwave are changed.

https://www.mossberg.com/wp-content/...ATF-3-2-17.pdf.

Comment

Not a crime until you get caught.

Comment

Originally posted by Ceesman762 View Post
                      Not a crime until you get caught.
                      True. The jails are full of people with that attitude.

I opt to stay out of jail. It isn't worth it to me, I can happily live without a roommate named Angry Jamal.

Comment

It's a legal gun. Just whether or not you feel comfortable having something that is so close to not being legal. Wouldn't want anyone shaking in their boots or pissing their pants every time they fired it.

Comment

And while we're at it, so is this.

http://www.deltaleveldefense.com/ct4-2a-other-firearm

Comment

Originally posted by LI Ammo View Post

I haven't seen the letter on this firearm, but the explanation from the ATF on the shockwave is actually pretty simple and it likely applies here as well.

Step 1. The Federal definition of a shotgun says that a shotgun is designed to be fired from the shoulder. Since these do not have full length stocks and are NOT designed to be fired from the shoulder, they are not shotguns, but simply firearms..

Step 2. They do not fit the NFA description of a firearm subject to NFA rules, mostly because they are not designed to be concealable.... because of the 26" length,

Therefore, they do not fit the description of rifle, pistol or shotgun, so they are 'other'. Important to note that if you change the grip on a shockwave to a non-approved version, or design a concealable carry holster for it, you might run afoul of the law. The ATF letter about the Mossberg is clear that their opinion can change if small elements of the shockwave are changed.

https://www.mossberg.com/wp-content/...ATF-3-2-17.pdf.
                            That's very interesting. Thanks!
                            “Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                            X