O/U Bead sight replacement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

O/U Bead sight replacement

I was doing some routine maintenance on my Stoeger Condor Supreme O/U and noticed my mid-bead was missing, The stud is there but the ball is gone!
    I want to replace the front bead with a fiber optic anyway.
    Do I need the mid-bead?
    I believe the beads are threaded in [5-40]. What size screw extractor would that use??

Many say you do not, but I like it and installed it on my Beretta semi. is there anything you can grab?

if you need to drill it out a bit... the beads are usually brass (soft). Get a pin vise hobby drill and do it by hand so you do not strip anything.

Comment

When I bought my last shotgun, the first thing i did was take the mid bead off and put it where the front bead was.

Mid beads are are great as front beads. The last thing you want is your eye going to the barrel instead of the clay.

Also, since we see the clay in our primary vision and the barrel in our peripheral vision, a fiber optic bead is a bad idea. It causes one to look at the barrel, which slows the gun speed, which leads to a miss behind. Anything we can do to take focus off of the barrel and onto the clay will make us better shotguns shooters.

I would leave it as is.

Comment

Originally posted by Sport454 View Post
        I was doing some routine maintenance on my Stoeger Condor Supreme O/U and noticed my mid-bead was missing, The stud is there but the ball is gone!
        I want to replace the front bead with a fiber optic anyway.
        Do I need the mid-bead?
        I believe the beads are threaded in [5-40]. What size screw extractor would that use??
        Some beads are threaded, some aren’t. Don’t try to unscrew one that isn’t ; )

beads come in a range of sizes, materials, with and without shoulders.
        782 Custom Gunworks LTD
        1545A2 Ocean Ave
        Bohemia, NY 11716
        486-8116

www.782guns.com
        Instagram @782customgunworks
        Facebook 782guns

Open 10AM-7PM Tuesday-Saturday! Closed Sunday and Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by Foosel View Post
          When I bought my last shotgun, the first thing i did was take the mid bead off and put it where the front bead was.

Mid beads are are great as front beads. The last thing you want is your eye going to the barrel instead of the clay.

Also, since we see the clay in our primary vision and the barrel in our peripheral vision, a fiber optic bead is a bad idea. It causes one to look at the barrel, which slows the gun speed, which leads to a miss behind. Anything we can do to take focus off of the barrel and onto the clay will make us better shotguns shooters.

I would leave it as is.
          This.

Comment

I would leave it as is.
            Holy crap, Foosel is alive!
            Steve

Comment

I am alive! I’ve been completely immersed is sporting clays. Some may call it an addiction. I think it’s passion.

Comment

I would leave it as is.
                Good point!
                As a rifle shooter I tend to want to "aim" a shotgun instead of "point".
                That probably explains why I only hit about 30 out of 100 in sporting clays [which I typically do only once a year] I guess it's just dumb luck.
                At some point I should probably get my gun fitted and/or take some lessons

Comment

Working...
                X