Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got an extra $295,000 lying around?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by Ancap View Post
    Reminds me how much I miss the beautiful holland and holland gun room in New York City
    Now owning a Holland and Holland or a Purdy would be on my list. I’d want a pre WW1 preferably

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by Dan 0351 View Post
      As a collector, I should be ashamed to post this, but......I don't like it very much. The trigger mech trap door is pretty cool, but the firearm is not for me.
      I don't think I'm nearly sophisticated (old ) enough to appreciate it.
      That's not the problem. You're not Italian. That's the problem. You need olive oil and garlic in your DNA to appreciate shotguns this fine.
      "The devil doesn't come dressed in a red cape and pointy horns. He comes as everything you've ever wished for.”
      Tucker Max

      Infirmitate Invitat Violentiam
      Finicky Fat Guy

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by Rrudo74901 View Post

        So Dan, I agree I don’t get the crazy shotgun collecting world, but to each their own.
        Yeah, a friend of mine collects Merkels. He spends crazy money on them. He feels they are in the right price range for him to collect many, as opposed to just one or two of the super expensive guns. I can appreciate the workmanship that goes into them, but truthfully, I have to feign much interest as not to hurt his feelings, lol.
        At the same time, he looks at my score of foreign-made AK's and does the same. He just sees a Norinco AK as a Chinese piece of crap that he could have bought fifty of at $229 each years back - and I understand that. And most people who see an HK P7 think it's the ugliest gun around and wouldn't buy one for $100. To me, they are a thing of beauty and fine engineering and workmanship (for a factory production police pistol) that demands the high price tag they get as a collector piece.

        +1, to each his own.
        Last edited by Dan 0351; 07-02-2019, 09:20 AM.
        No Better Friend, No Worse Enemy

        - U.S. Marines

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by Finicky Fat Guy View Post

          That's not the problem. You're not Italian. That's the problem. You need olive oil and garlic in your DNA to appreciate shotguns this fine.
          Lol, keep looking for the answer. My mother and her 9 brothers and sisters were born and raised in Italy - she came here as an adult!
          No Better Friend, No Worse Enemy

          - U.S. Marines

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by Dan 0351 View Post

            Yeah, a friend of mine collects Merkels. He spends crazy money on them. He feels they are in the right price range for him to collect many, as opposed to just one or two of the super expensive guns. I can appreciate the workmanship that goes into them, but truthfully, I have to feign much interest as not to hurt his feelings, lol.
            At the same time, he looks at my score of foreign-made AK's and does the same. He just sees a Norinco AK as a Chinese piece of crap that he could have bought fifty of at $229 each years back - and I understand that. And most people who see an HK P7 think it's the ugliest gun around and wouldn't buy one for $100. To me, they are a thing of beauty and fine engineering and workmanship (for a factory production police pistol) that demands the high price tag they get as a collector piece.

            +1, to each his own.
            Merkel makes a tank of a shotgun. Many Charles Daly and pre ww1 imports were made by Merkel. They make a box lock that never needs adjustment and locks up in the center every time.

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by Finicky Fat Guy View Post

              That's not the problem. You're not Italian. That's the problem. You need olive oil and garlic in your DNA to appreciate shotguns this fine.
              Yeah because show me an Italian battle rifle that’s as quality as a K98 or M1 Garand? Carcano? Yeah ok, lol. Shotguns and cars Italians have for sure, not military heritage weapons

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by Rrudo74901 View Post

                Yeah because show me an Italian battle rifle that’s as quality as a K98 or M1 Garand? Carcano? Yeah ok, lol. Shotguns and cars Italians have for sure, not military heritage weapons
                Go ask JFK what he thinks of Carcanos. :-0
                I did say shotguns, specifically.
                "The devil doesn't come dressed in a red cape and pointy horns. He comes as everything you've ever wished for.”
                Tucker Max

                Infirmitate Invitat Violentiam
                Finicky Fat Guy

                Comment


                  #23
                  unfortunately i would still miss
                  let's make america great again

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by Havfun View Post
                    unfortunately i would still miss
                    Ohhh Georgy in order to achieve you must believe!! Lmao 🤣
                    A .45acp says go away in any language ~ Clint Smith

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X