• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking of the mossberg 930 spx tactical

Anyone have it. Thinking of using it for matches at Lipsa
    let's make america great again

Originally posted by Havfun View Post
    Anyone have it. Thinking of using it for matches at Lipsa
    There is a member named Mossy930spx. I am surprised you haven't seen any of his posts. If you go to "Member's List," you can PM him, he is a nice guy and I am sure he can answer any questions, assuming he has one, which I think the odds are considerable, based on his screen name.

By the way, CZ makes some really awesome shotguns, and you get a lot for your money. You wont find a bad review any wear, and I love mine. The tactical was discontinued last year, but if you can find one, grab it. It is a called a CZ 612 HC-P. Let me know if you want to know anything, but the link I posted mostly says it all. I am pretty sure you can find one. I was about to get a Mossy (Mossy first option, Remington second, Benelli was third, but would have been first except I knew it would be a lot more money), and the dealer told me to check out the CZ. He had liked it I couldn't believe the action on the CZ, as it was just as smooth as a Benelli, my actual first choice, but for price! They still make other great shotguns, and as I said, you get a lot for your money, but I don't think they have a tactical in the lineup. If you want a Tac, I would see if one of the locals has one in their stockroom. If not, you will find one on the web, almost definitely a new one. Someone has to have a few still. I was prepared to spend a lot more, and I not only saved money, I didn't give up any features whatsoever. It has a rail, and the stock sights have a front and rear fiber optics, so depending on what you are doing (actually you said what you are doing) but I usually spend more than I want, and am I always thrilled? Mostly, but honestly, it was one of the best purchases I have made, since getting into this stuff. Good luck!
    This Turkish-made tactical pump shoots well, runs smooth and doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Check out Payton Miller's CZ 612 HC-P review.
    Last edited by MSA77; 07-04-2016, 03:19 PM.
    NRA Benefactor Life
    NRA Instructor & RSO
    NYSRPA, SAF, GOA

Comment

Whatever shotgun you decide on make sure it can accept chokes. I've see a lot of people who shot with 'tactical' shotguns and have trouble knocking down steel because the shot pattern was too spread out.
      I shoot a 500 with an improved cylinder choke and 7.5 shot.
      SHADAP VARMINT!

Comment

Do your research, there is a lot of history with the 930 spx tactical ...I have the 3rd generation semi auto spx..I've had some issues with the lighter target loads in the past but made some upgrades and she cycles and ejects flawlessly. .I use it in shotgun matches , not to compete against the other guys but more to stay sharp and enjoy the day. .

Comment

Stoeger M3K, comes set up for competion for about $650ish

Comment

Good shotgun. But for comp I'd look into the JM pro series.

I didn't like the ghost ring sights as I couldn't get a good cheek weld on it. Ended up putting a 24" ported turkey barrel on it.

Sold it earlier this year to my friend to cover some funds for my beretta 687 OU purchase. It was originally my HD gun but my 590A1 took over that role and I wanted a clay gun.

The only thing my 930 didn't cycle well was estate white dove box bird shot. Hell my beretta even hates that shit.

Comment

Thanks I will do more research
              let's make america great again

Comment

Originally posted by LazyLab View Post
                Stoeger M3K, comes set up for competion for about $650ish
                This ^^^^ The 930 is much heavier and does not have the ability to add chokes and MK3 has controls better suited to 3 gun.

Comment

Originally posted by iceburg View Post
                  Do your research, there is a lot of history with the 930 spx tactical ...I have the 3rd generation semi auto spx..I've had some issues with the lighter target loads in the past but made some upgrades and she cycles and ejects flawlessly. .I use it in shotgun matches , not to compete against the other guys but more to stay sharp and enjoy the day. .
                  What kind of mods?
                  I am not armed out of fear of who's in front of me.
                  I am armed out of love of those behind me.

Anyone who says money doesn't matter to them is either a FOOL or a LIAR or BOTH!

Comment

The Beretta 1301 costs more but worth the price of admission. A couple hundred bucks over the course of 20 years is minuscule. Buy once.....
                    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction" R.R.

Comment

Originally posted by LiDad View Post

What kind of mods?
                      Upgraded parts were,, spacer tube , forearm retainer, follower, spring plunger all from OR3GUN. ..OR3GUN.com.

Comment

Working...
                      X