Beretta 694

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beretta 694

beretta just announced a new over under this morning - the 694, msrp 4500.

Sorry, don’t know how to inbed

https://www.guns.com/news/2019/09/16...on-o-u-shotgun

Not impressed and I'm a fan of Beretta shotguns.
    On a good note they got rid of that pain in the ass schnabel forend.
    Of course they changed choke designations AGAIN so anyone who buys one needs to get all new chokes, that drives me crazy.

Hefty price tag for an average shotgun.
    Last edited by Yaphank Kid; 09-17-2019, 11:21 PM.

Comment

I don't know, I kind of like it... If I had not already bought my Browning 725 I would seriously consider it.

Comment

Originally posted by Yaphank Kid View Post
        Not impressed and I'm a fan of Beretta shotguns.
        On a good note they got rid of that pain in the ass schnabel fore end.
        Of course they changed choke designations AGAIN so anyone who buys one needs to get all new chokes, that drives me crazy.

Hefty price tag for an average shotgun.
        What would you recommend for clays ? I’ll be looking into getting another over under later this year to the beginning of next
        Last edited by Bigrob; 09-17-2019, 08:09 AM.

Comment

I just got a 692 a few months ago. this looks interesting but I don't think I'd spring for a new gun that's only 2 better. Now, if they had come out with a 727 or better I might consider it, but not for an increase of just 2. A new gun should be at least 35 more than the last model. :-)
          "The devil doesn't come dressed in a red cape and pointy horns. He comes as everything you've ever wished for.”
          Tucker Max

Infirmitate Invitat Violentiam
          Finicky Fat Guy

Comment

A-400 auto loader with the kick off recoil stock is just the very best for the 125 shots per round of sport clays , o/u 20 ga browning for skeet, 12 ga anything for trap
            High quality building supplies since 1948! Friendly FFL transfers of long guns, receivers, and ammunition. Feel free to call us at 516 741 4466

Comment

Originally posted by Volkosupply View Post
              A-400 auto loader with the kick off recoil stock is just the very best for the 125 shots per round of sport clays , o/u 20 ga browning for skeet, 12 ga anything for trap
              I tried the A400 didn’t like it

Comment

we have had really good luck, use and function out of the black syn. stock / black finish metal A-400 , a sample gun from many years back ...the shotgun did have to go back to MD factory for a twink to the bbl., after 7000 rounds or so , first round would fire, auto reload, then click ! the fire pin would not hit the primer for the second trigger pull , Ed A. knew what the problem was with a phone call... it was the bbl. to the chamber fit , just a smidge out of sink because the lock tite let go , factory put new , stronger lock tite on the bbl and had it back to me in 3 days , over 9000 and still going , when we first got the gun, it was mixed loaded in the tube with 3 length of 12 ga,, 4 shot down to 9's, high brass, low brass, it all worked , not even gonna talk about running the thing to 1000 round before the first cleaning , or , leaving it out in the rain on purpose for a night , , ...our A-400 runs well and it fit me right out of the box
                High quality building supplies since 1948! Friendly FFL transfers of long guns, receivers, and ammunition. Feel free to call us at 516 741 4466

Comment

Originally posted by Volkosupply View Post
                  we have had really good luck, use and function out of the black syn. stock / black finish metal A-400 , a sample gun from many years back ...the shotgun did have to go back to MD factory for a twink to the bbl., after 7000 rounds or so , first round would fire, auto reload, then click ! the fire pin would not hit the primer for the second trigger pull , Ed A. knew what the problem was with a phone call... it was the bbl. to the chamber fit , just a smidge out of sink because the lock tite let go , factory put new , stronger lock tite on the bbl and had it back to me in 3 days , over 9000 and still going , when we first got the gun, it was mixed loaded in the tube with 3 length of 12 ga,, 4 shot down to 9's, high brass, low brass, it all worked , not even gonna talk about running the thing to 1000 round before the first cleaning , or , leaving it out in the rain on purpose for a night , , ...our A-400 runs well and it fit me right out of the box
                  Now I want one.
                  "The devil doesn't come dressed in a red cape and pointy horns. He comes as everything you've ever wished for.”
                  Tucker Max

Infirmitate Invitat Violentiam
                  Finicky Fat Guy

Comment

Originally posted by Finicky Fat Guy View Post

Now I want one.
                    Has about the same recoil as a 20 ga Remington 1100, and is the fastest cycling shotgun I’ve ever shot.

Some people say the new Remington semis are really good as well. Just to muddy the waters a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigrob View Post

What would you recommend for clays ? I’ll be looking into getting another over under later this year to the beginning of next
                      I'm sure your question was directed to the Yaphank Kid, but for that money I'd be looking at
                      Caesar Guerini or a used K gun. YMMV
                      NRA Life member

Comment

Anyone shooting clays seriously will back me up, $5k for a gun is nothing compared to ongoing shell, target and competition fees.
                        NRA LIFE | SAF | GOA | UTAH / NH / FL / PA / NY CCW | APPLESEED RIFLEMAN | RSO | FREEPORT R&R

Comment

Orvis Festival is this weekend. Last year I Tried a Blaser F16 sporting and loved it. I thought this weekend I’d be trying to get a good deal on one. With this announcement maybe I’ll wait. If you’ve never been to Orvis and have nothing to do this weekend I suggest you go.

Comment

Originally posted by Sig View Post

I'm sure your question was directed to the Yaphank Kid, but for that money I'd be looking at
                            Caesar Guerini or a used K gun. YMMV
                            ^^
                            This.
                            For the same money, Caesar will give you much more bang for the buck. No pun intended. Caesar's will have MUCH better wood and really nice engraving, maybe even some gold😉 for the same price as the Beretta. Dont get me wrong, Beretta makes a great gun, but for that price tag it is in my opinion very very vanilla. Smooth sides and a little bit of shiny and blue paint doesn't do it for me for close 5K after tax.

I changed from Beretta to Krieghoff about 7 years ago and there is no looking back. The trigger on a K-gun is by far the best in the business. The recoil is basically non existent compared to other O/U shotguns.
                            On average, a used Krieghoff will run you between $6,000- $,8000 depending on the grade of wood and shape that it is in. Emphasis on used.

New guns start at $12,000 and go upwards of $100,000 depending on the engraving and the artist who did it.

If you have time, surf around their website:
                            www.Krieghoff.com
                            Last edited by Yaphank Kid; 09-17-2019, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Yaphank Kid View Post

^^
                              This.
                              For the same money, Caesar will give you much more bang for the buck. No pun intended. Caesar's will have MUCH better wood and really nice engraving, maybe even some gold😉 for the same price as the Beretta. Dont get me wrong, Beretta makes a great gun, but for that price tag it is in my opinion very very vanilla. Smooth sides and a little bit of shiny and blue paint dosen't do it for me for close 5K after tax.

I changed from Beretta to Krieghoff about 7 years ago and there is no looking back. The trigger on a K-gun is by far the best in the business. The recoil is basically non existent compared to other O/U shotguns.
                              On average, a used Krieghoff will run you between $6,000- $,8000 depending on the grade of wood and shape that it is in. Emphasis on used.

New guns start at $12,000 and go upwards of $100,000 depending on the engraving and the artist who did it.

If you have time, surf around their website:
                              www.Krieghoff.com
                              you let me shoot your k gun during a lesson. It was sex in my hands. sex.

Comment

Working...
                              X