Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banzai
    replied
    Check out Taran Tactical, they do top of the line Benelli parts which you would prolly wanna do anyway, and might even meet any import concerns you have without even trying. If you ever saw John Wick, you saw Taran Tactical guns, they also trained Keanu. Guy gets paid millions to learn 3 gun for free...just not fair.

Leave a comment:

• Dank27
    replied
    Originally posted by -vanguard- View Post
    Id take a look at the 1301.

As proven as the M4 is, i hate how its requires a ton of work to get it usable with the magazine tube exchange and stock problems.

The 1301 tactical is much lighter, has a fantastic gas system on par with the M4's.

Langdon tactical sells one thats fully modded up and is pretty amazing for $1500.
    Mine functioned flawlessly woth the factory set up and the 7rd replacement. I have actually never heard of any issues pertaining to the mag tube.

Leave a comment:

• Dank27
    replied
    Originally posted by Genghis Khan View Post
    922r is under federal jurisdiction so a state or local cop cares not at all about it, even if they were aware of it (which almost none are). And feds are not enforcing 922r by gun owners. It hasn’t even been an add on charge.
    Thank god the LIGC lawyer has made an appearance 🤡

Leave a comment:

• Genghis Khan
    replied
    922r is under federal jurisdiction so a state or local cop cares not at all about it, even if they were aware of it (which almost none are). And feds are not enforcing 922r by gun owners. It hasn’t even been an add on charge.

Leave a comment:

• Dank27
    replied
    Originally posted by cybergrid View Post

-vanguard- I agree, the 1301 is an excellent shotgun. I already have the 1301 gen 1 and did the aridus fore end , safety , crom sights and magpul stock adapter. It's almost identical to the langdon tactical without the sidesaddle. It has cycled everything I have shot thru it including low brass birdshot.

M4 is just one of my bucket list guns

Dank27 Thank you. Appreciate the response. I think I'm going to go ahead and pull the trigger.

Mosin1942 Agreed. If I was just swapping the stock it would be a 1x922r The kit from Botach includes the fore ends from FFT and the mesa stock. For $39 , it was a no brainer. FFT sells the made in us fore ends on their website for $70. From the info I read on FFT , swapping out the fore end counts as 1x922R and the stock counts as the 2nd.

Barnslayer I doubt if anyone is going around at the gun range checking for 922r compliance. 922r , in my opinion, doesn't make sense but its still the law. Most I have talked to, unless they are a gun person, has never even heard of 922R. YMMV
    Freedom Fighter Tactical has great info 922r but I wont buy from them bc the owner is an arrogant douche lol

but the info is great.
    i sent mine off to Taran Tactical for their JW2 treatment and man I love that thing. (You can tell bc I havent tried to sell it lol)

Leave a comment:

• cybergrid
    replied
    Originally posted by -vanguard- View Post

As proven as the M4 is, i hate how its requires a ton of work to get it usable with the magazine tube exchange and stock problems.

The 1301 tactical is much lighter, has a fantastic gas system on par with the M4's.

Langdon tactical sells one thats fully modded up and is pretty amazing for $1500.
    -vanguard- I agree, the 1301 is an excellent shotgun. I already have the 1301 gen 1 and did the aridus fore end , safety , crom sights and magpul stock adapter. It's almost identical to the langdon tactical without the sidesaddle. It has cycled everything I have shot thru it including low brass birdshot.

M4 is just one of my bucket list guns

Dank27 Thank you. Appreciate the response. I think I'm going to go ahead and pull the trigger.

Mosin1942 Agreed. If I was just swapping the stock it would be a 1x922r The kit from Botach includes the fore ends from FFT and the mesa stock. For $39 , it was a no brainer. FFT sells the made in us fore ends on their website for $70. From the info I read on FFT , swapping out the fore end counts as 1x922R and the stock counts as the 2nd.

Barnslayer I doubt if anyone is going around at the gun range checking for 922r compliance. 922r , in my opinion, doesn't make sense but its still the law. Most I have talked to, unless they are a gun person, has never even heard of 922R. YMMV

P.S. The parts from FFT are stamped made in US specifically for 922r compliance

Just adding the two websites that seems to carry 922r parts for benelli m4 (figured I would save someone else some time researching)

https://www.benelliparts.net/store/c..._Products.html
    https://freedomfightertactical.com/collections/m4
    Last edited by cybergrid; 09-08-2020, 06:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• cas
    replied
    For $45 I will sell you my hand crafted Benelli M1, M2 & M4, 922r compliance kit. (Patent Pending)

Leave a comment:

• NG9588
    replied
    Originally posted by Barnslayer View Post
    Who is checking for 922r compliance? If your new or original parts are not marked how is this confirmed? Sounds more like a problem for an importer.
    I was thinking the same thing, but think of the children. A magazine tube made in Italy makes the gun way more dangerous than one made in the US.

Leave a comment:

• Barnslayer
    replied
    Who is checking for 922r compliance? If your new or original parts are not marked how is this confirmed? Sounds more like a problem for an importer.

Leave a comment:

• Mosin1942
    replied
    Originally posted by cybergrid View Post
    I'm considering getting a Benelli m4 (11795) with the straight stock. The length of pull as listed is over 14in; I typically prefer 12in-13in. Searching around I didn't find many aftermarket straight stock options for the m4. If anyone has any other straight stock options for the m4, pls let me know.

Since I will be adding a magazine extension, I need to swap out three parts with us made parts for 922r compliance.

922R compliance.

1) swap out the front hand guard and the stock with mesa tactical urbino stock. Botach has a set on sale in OD. (2x 922R) . Anyone have any experience using this urbino stock ?
    https://botach.com/mesa-tactical-ben...-set-od-green/
    2) Swap out the magazine follower with a made in usa follower from FFT (1x 922R)

This should get me to 922R compliance.

The other aspect I have been concerned about is the "un" SAFE act. I have gotten mixed responses on the legality as per SAFE on a SA shotgun with a pistol grip. I believe I'm in compliance with the urbino stock. Pistol grip is not explicitly banned (unlike a thumb hole stock) as stated on the nysafe website.

https://safeact.ny.gov/system/files/...d_features.pdf

Is there anything I might have overlooked in my research on 922R compliance or the SAFE act ?
    I'm pretty sure that if your gun starts out with a conventional stock, adding a US made pistol grip stock will only count towards 1x922r compliance part since you're only replacing one part on the gun - the pistol grip just gets added to the total parts count, but doesn't replace an imported one. If it has a pistol grip from the factory, that would be replacing two parts.

Leave a comment:

• Dank27
    replied
    You are fine with pistol grip and 7rd capacity. You cannot have the telescoping stock that’s what makes it a no go

Leave a comment:

• Dank27
    replied
    I use the Mesa tactical and swapped the tube for a 7rd. Solid piece.

For 922r I changed , Follower, Mag Tube, Stock and trigger components.

Leave a comment:

• -vanguard-
    replied

Leave a comment:

• cybergrid
    started a topic 922R compliance Benelli m4

922R compliance Benelli m4

I'm considering getting a Benelli m4 (11795) with the straight stock. The length of pull as listed is over 14in; I typically prefer 12in-13in. Searching around I didn't find many aftermarket straight stock options for the m4. If anyone has any other straight stock options for the m4, pls let me know.

Since I will be adding a magazine extension, I need to swap out three parts with us made parts for 922r compliance.

922R compliance.

1) swap out the front hand guard and the stock with mesa tactical urbino stock. Botach has a set on sale in OD. (2x 922R) . Anyone have any experience using this urbino stock ?
    https://botach.com/mesa-tactical-ben...-set-od-green/
    2) Swap out the magazine follower with a made in usa follower from FFT (1x 922R)

This should get me to 922R compliance.

The other aspect I have been concerned about is the "un" SAFE act. I have gotten mixed responses on the legality as per SAFE on a SA shotgun with a pistol grip. I believe I'm in compliance with the urbino stock. Pistol grip is not explicitly banned (unlike a thumb hole stock) as stated on the nysafe website.

https://safeact.ny.gov/system/files/...d_features.pdf

Is there anything I might have overlooked in my research on 922R compliance or the SAFE act ?
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
Working...
X