Beretta A300 or A400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beretta A300 or A400

What’s the real difference between them other than the 400 being twice the price? Is the 400 worth that much more?

Yes
    Th A400 is to semi automatics what breast implants are to flat actresses.
    The Kickoff system is amazing. Shooting 3 1/2 inch magnums is like shooting target loads.
    I've shot as much as 300 rounds in a day in sporting clays this summer with only a T shirt and vest and felt nothing
    The barrel is the most easily cleaned barrel of any gun I've ever had and the action is as fast as a semi automatic rifle.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Choke system and bore diameter on the A400 is different also. Bigger bore diameter is supposed to produce better patterns and also reduce felt recoil. The A400 is also balanced better. Shoot them side by side and feel the difference.

Comment

The way I understand it the a300 is a repackaged version of their older top end tech. It's fantastic and incredibly reliable.

The a400 is the newer system. It's faster and softer cycling, especially when you pair it with the kick off stock. The a400 is also a little easier to take apart for full cleaning.

I own an A300 that I keep exclusively for loaning out or shooting in poor weather. It always goes bang and has converted more non-shooters into shooters than I can count.
        ​​​​
        Will the a400 make you a better shot? No, but if you shoot a lot you'll likely be happy you spent the extra money. If you are just going to occasionally shoot clays I'd suggest an A300.

Comment

As an owner of both of them, I sold my A300 to buy an A400. A400 has the kickoff recoil system, which works awesome, much less kick then the a300. Plus a400 has better barrel tech. In the end the A400 is worth the money, And I agree with yaphank kid on the balancing.

Comment

I have the A400 extreme with the kickoff, I’ve never shot an A300, but I have a collection of other 12 gauges, semi, pump, otherwise.... The A400 is like no other shotgun I’ve ever fired. It’s so comfortable and just damn easy to shoot. If you’re used to shotguns abusing you. This is the other end of the spectrum.
            In the words of the great bearded one in Huntington. You work hard, you deserve it. Nobody will treat you like you treat you.

Comment

I shoot about 200 -300 rounds/year skeet target loads, and about 4 boxes a year of "high brass" pheasant loads with an A300. Recoil is never a factor. My wood stocked A300 is a terrific shotgun with classic clean lines. It points natural and I prefer the safety position in front of the trigger. Different strokes, but if I'm gonna drop $1800 on a shotgun it's gotta have TWO barrels instead of one.
              Ballistic: "Grif... You are my legal eagle spirit animal...."

Comment

Thanks for the first hand info. Sounds like the 400 is a win. “Cycles like a semi auto rifle” says it all.
                Are the soccer moms done panic buying shotguns yet? I’ve been avoiding gun stores since the panic started. I’m going to check out campsite today. How has local stock been?
                or better yet... anyone Looking to offload one?

Comment

I bought both of my sons A400’s. The target model.

I have two A400’s. Both the Extreme model.

Like others said they are the softest shooting shotgun period.

And unlike my two 391 Teknys they are easy to clean.

You are never going to say, “damn I should have bought the cheap one”.

Comment

Side note.. if anyone decides they want to part with an A300, I could be interested...

Comment

Originally posted by METALHEAD View Post
                      Thanks for the first hand info. Sounds like the 400 is a win. “Cycles like a semi auto rifle” says it all.
                      Are the soccer moms done panic buying shotguns yet? I’ve been avoiding gun stores since the panic started. I’m going to check out campsite today. How has local stock been?
                      or better yet... anyone Looking to offload one?
                      💯 % its a win , however, IMHO it doesn’t matter for you seeing you shoot in person. You are quick draw McGraw. You were on target and firing your first shot (On target) before any of us were even standing! In all seriousness you will appreciate the versatility and performance of the A400 and it is worth every penny of the added cost.
                      A .45acp says go away in any language ~ Clint Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Mike103 View Post
                        I bought both of my sons A400’s. The target model.

I have two A400’s. Both the Extreme model.

Like others said they are the softest shooting shotgun period.

And unlike my two 391 Teknys they are easy to clean.

You are never going to say, “damn I should have bought the cheap one”.
                        Btw Metalhead the new A400 plus has some upgrades that are desirable and some hunters/shooters were asking for. I mention this bc if you are looking to get a used A400 like i was take this into account. The upgrades from the A400 Extreme to the Extreme plus are:
                        -larger charging handle (much better for gloved hands)
                        -longer enlarged bolt release (it is considerably better)
                        - mid bead
                        - elevated high step vent rib (better sight picture)
                        - added soft comb pad for your cheek
                        -longer forcing cone (this was the major barrel upgrade for less shot degradation and even softer recoil)
                        - plus model comes factory with 5 extended HP Optimum chocks that work excellent (most buy aftermarket and now you don’t have to. This only is worth the difference in the pricing from a standard to the plus model due to the cost of Beretta’s chokes $$)

My opinion go with a used Extreme plus if you can find one. I looked for over a year and wait for the right deal. GL
                        A .45acp says go away in any language ~ Clint Smith

Comment

the A 400 with the kick off makes the same sound in the rear stock as a AR-15 ! you get that spring twang thru the muffs.
                          we have a 2017 , black, everything , sold to us as a sample with instructions to try and brake it , I tried and it did not
                          close on to 7000 round the 2 piece bbl. to receiver sleeve let loose on the lock tite
                          used to hold the pieces together , 3 day turn around from Beretta , all fixed, gun is up to about 9500 round count
                          only ammo it will not cycle is the underloads I use in the older s x s brits
                          High quality building supplies since 1948! Friendly FFL transfers of long guns, receivers, and ammunition. Feel free to call us at 516 741 4466

Comment

Reading this thread is giving me a complex about the un-fired A300 I have sitting in my safe

Comment

Originally posted by ANYGUNWILLDOIFUWILLDO View Post

Btw Metalhead the new A400 plus has some upgrades that are desirable and some hunters/shooters were asking for. I mention this bc if you are looking to get a used A400 like i was take this into account. The upgrades from the A400 Extreme to the Extreme plus are:
                              -larger charging handle (much better for gloved hands)
                              -longer enlarged bolt release (it is considerably better)
                              - mid bead
                              - elevated high step vent rib (better sight picture)
                              - added soft comb pad for your cheek
                              -longer forcing cone (this was the major barrel upgrade for less shot degradation and even softer recoil)
                              - plus model comes factory with 5 extended HP Optimum chocks that work excellent (most buy aftermarket and now you don’t have to. This only is worth the difference in the pricing from a standard to the plus model due to the cost of Beretta’s chokes $$)

My opinion go with a used Extreme plus if you can find one. I looked for over a year and wait for the right deal. GL

I have both the older Extreme and the newer plus. One in NY and one in Florida.

The larger bolt handle is a detriment in my opinion. Too big and makes the gun hard to carry.

The oversized bolt release is very necessary. I added one to my older version.

The mid bead is not really noticeable.

Elevated rib is a huge bonus. The original rib was very low.

Comb pad I did not even notice and the elongated forcing cones I don’t think mean much.

The choke tubes are extended in the plus and you get more so that is a plus.

All in all I think the plus is a better gun than the original.

Comment

Working...
                              X