Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Winchester 1400 value?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Winchester 1400 value?

    Hey guys,

    My neighbor has his dad's Winchester 1400 and he's looking to part with it. He asked me what it's worth and I figured I would ask
    opinions here. Looks like they go from 300 to 500. It's in great shape, I snapped a few pics. Any input is appreciated. 20210109_165649.jpg 20210109_165634.jpg 20210109_165535.jpg

    #2
    With the full choke it is a limited market. Your best bet is to try and sell it to a trap shooter. In that shape in these times 450-500 is not out of line. It is a discontinued model so you may want to keep that in mind if people offer you less than what you are asking.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Yaphank Kid View Post
      With the full choke it is a limited market. Your best bet is to try and sell it to a trap shooter. In that shape in these times 450-500 is not out of line. It is a discontinued model so you may want to keep that in mind if people offer you less than what you are asking.
      Thanks! I like it but without removable chokes it's not for me. Sure is beautiful. I think hell be happy with that price range so I will probably take some more pics and try listing it here.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by BigPaul13 View Post

        Thanks! I like it but without removable chokes it's not for me. Sure is beautiful. I think hell be happy with that price range so I will probably take some more pics and try listing it here.
        You can have choke tubes installed in the barrel and make the gun more usable.
        You can send just the barrel out to make everything easier.
        Carlsons chokes does it for $149. You get 3 flush mounted chokes for it at that price
        www.choketube.com

        Briley also does it but they charge $249
        www.briley.com

        ​​​​​​​Carlsons does just as good a job for less money.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Yaphank Kid View Post

          You can have choke tubes installed in the barrel and make the gun more usable.
          You can send just the barrel out to make everything easier.
          Carlsons chokes does it for $149. You get 3 flush mounted chokes for it at that price
          www.choketube.com

          Briley also does it but they charge $249
          www.briley.com

          ​​​​​​​Carlsons does just as good a job for less money.
          Thanks for the info. If my neighbor cuts me a deal on it, I might just do that. If not, it'll be listed here. Appreciate the help.

          Comment


            #6
            Can always have screw chokes installed for about $175. Or occasionally a barrel for this model with screw in chokes pops up on Ebay for around this price.
            Its the twin of my old Winchester 1200 pump. Decent US made shotgun from the 70's.

            EDIT: LOL, while I went pricing choke install prices Yaphank Kid beat me in.


            Ballistic: "Grif... You are my legal eagle spirit animal...."

            Comment


              #7
              You might find a slug barrel for it as well.

              I buy a lot of shotguns, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't spend $400.00 on it. It's obsolete unless you send it out for chokes, or buy more barrels. Get it cheap or move on.. IMHO. It's also a fifty-year-old wooden stock, if it cracks on you, it will be hard to replace.




              LI Ammo, 2 Larkfield Rd. East Northport, (closed Sundays during Covid Apocalypse)

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by LI Ammo View Post
                You might find a slug barrel for it as well.

                I buy a lot of shotguns, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't spend $400.00 on it. It's obsolete unless you send it out for chokes, or buy more barrels. Get it cheap or move on.. IMHO. It's also a fifty-year-old wooden stock, if it cracks on you, it will be hard to replace.



                Thanks for the input. This is my neighbors, he was trying to get an idea of the value. It's definitely nice, but all of the points you just listed make it a no go for me. I don't do much in terms of skeet/trap/clays and when I do, I already have two shotguns that handle it well at this point.

                Going to see what he says as far as price and probably list it here for him. He's just lightening the load before he leaves the state.

                Thanks for the input guys.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by BigPaul13 View Post
                  Hey guys,

                  My neighbor has his dad's Winchester 1400 and he's looking to part with it. He asked me what it's worth and I figured I would ask
                  opinions here. Looks like they go from 300 to 500. It's in great shape, I snapped a few pics. Any input is appreciated. 20210109_165649.jpg 20210109_165634.jpg 20210109_165535.jpg
                  I have one, nice shotgun, but the comments about chokes are valid.
                  Take a young person shooting.... Take 2 or more if you can...

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X