• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuck it, I’m ordering one.

Comment

Interesting. Have you shot it yet?

Comment

Most likely it's junk.
        Giza Development: Building and Renovating Pyramids of Distinction Since 2435 BC 631-427-1691 (Beware the Sea People)

Comment

Originally posted by bberetta1 View Post
          I kind of like it.
          It’s screaming for one of your custom paint jobs.
          Yeah, I don't think cerakote is sold by the gallon though.
          The escape is nowhere near complete. The inventor of LIBERAL fishing. (soon to be seen on ESPN 45 because the 44th never worked.)

Comment

Thank you for posting it Destro. I better look at the ugly shotgun then go through a dozen whiny posts about politics and twitter posts.

Comment

Originally posted by spider View Post
            Most likely it's junk.
            Ha. Post #10 sums it up:

Yeah, you always stand the risk with this slew of Turkish guns. Primarily with the warranty coverage. And they do tend to have some hiccups. I have plenty of dependable shotguns in my toolbox (590s, Rem 870 duty guns, Bennellis, FN Hernstals, etc.) so at this point adding a fun oddball at a low pricepoint is what it is. I wouldn't reccomend any of the slew of Turkish tacticool guns coming in the past year as life dependable HD guns, but they seemed to have graduated from 870 clones and really run with the tacticool market producing some freakish stuff recently, this being a case in point LOL. Some of the mag-fed Garaysars (both pump and semi) are pretty cool though.
            Sure if you only own 5-6 shotguns I wouldn't recommend it, nor as a go-to HD gun, but if you have dozens of dependable HD shotguns in your toolbox this oddball is a fun purchase at what is less than my friday night bar tab. It is what it is.

BTW Turkish shotguns actually have gotten a much better reputation in recent years--both in traditional shotguns and this wave of tacticool product. Their labor is cheap, and metallurgy is competent, which is why so many gunmakers mfg. there...CZ, Tristar, Huglu, Stoeger, Canik, Hatsan, Winchester, and literally dozens of others.
            Last edited by Destro; 02-17-2021, 10:47 AM.

Comment

I like it! The rest of the shot gun (specifically the buttstock) looks like one of those bargain basement specials that have doubled in price recently. My friend got one and while it does work the trigger is just plan awful. Still you're right it does look different and interesting.
              Last edited by 2wheelbliss; 02-17-2021, 10:54 AM.

Comment

• Destro
                Destro commented
                Editing a comment
                Well, precisely. I'm not expecting Benelli quality here--I have a few Benellis for that. But at it's price point with reasonable expectations it's an interesting oddball to add and in this pandemic demand market, I can flip it if end up hating it so no huge downside. I do have a soft spot for oddballs in my collection. So it's a different look, love it or hate it (I'm not even sure) and an example of this current wave of Turkish tacticool.

Is that a removable "brass knuckle" type butt stock for when it jams?

Comment

• Destro
                Destro commented
                Editing a comment
                no, just a heavy ass club. It's gotta be 12 pounds or more. It's ridiculous. My first inclination is to swing it like a bat rather than shoot it.I might take some pictures with a minature jet fighter on the rail and put some Navy lettering on the side to make it look like an aircraft carrier.

A lot of manufacturers have used Turkey to manufacture there designs very successfully. IIRC correctly Beretta turned over there entire Cougar line to them. Stoeger used to import them for a while. I know a guy who had both the Beretta version and the Stoeger one both worked perfectly. l also recently watched a YouTube video with a Turk copy of the Benelli that’s for Canada only. It was sold at a good price and according to guy who posted video, literally the same reliability as the Benelli . Bottom line, if all one can find is a Turk 12ga and can verify it’s reliability then it fills a niche in the market. And not for nothing Destros one looks like a fun one to mess with at the range!

Comment

Working...
              X