Beretta 686 OU auto safety removal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beretta 686 OU auto safety removal.

Yes, I've Googled it, YouTubed it and still not feeling confident that I won't damage something.
    And to be honest, there were too many variations of what to do that I'm thinking there must be one actual right way and I can't tell which one that is.
    In the few times I've used the shotgun I find the auto safety to be one horrendous pain in the ass.
    Anyone you would recommend that actually knows what they're doing?
    I'm not as handy as I'd like to be and this would not be the first thing I've f'd up, so I'm looking for a competent smith and someone familiar with the 686.

Just make taking the safety off part of your gun mounting ritual. After a couple of hundred targets it will become automatic.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy Camper View Post
      Just make taking the safety off part of your gun mounting ritual. After a couple of hundred targets it will become automatic.
      Well, yes, I could do that.
      And I don't want to disable the safety.
      But I definitely want to disable the auto safety.

Comment

Seriously?
        No one in this firearms community knows a smith that can handle this properly?
        Sheesh.........................

Comment

now, now, easy goes all things...the auto safety is a pain in the butt...specially for clay shooting.....try a call to 212 319 3235...ask for Ed Anderson..there have been times he has done work on beretta shotguns..or, you can run down Mike..aka Yaphank Kid...631 924 5600, a la Suffolk Skeet and Trap..Mike knows a local gunsmith that did some very fine work for me
          High quality building supplies since 1948! Friendly FFL transfers of long guns, receivers, and ammunition. Feel free to call us at 516 741 4466

Comment

• Jack park
            Jack park commented
            Editing a comment
            This!

Originally posted by volkosupply View Post
          now, now, easy goes all things...the auto safety is a pain in the butt...specially for clay shooting.....try a call to 212 319 3235...ask for Ed Anderson..there have been times he has done work on beretta shotguns..or, you can run down Mike..aka Yaphank Kid...631 924 5600, a la Suffolk Skeet and Trap..Mike knows a local gunsmith that did some very fine work for me
          Thank you Vick.

Comment

ahhhhh, ...no worry .... it happens all the time ....my kid gets all the credit
            High quality building supplies since 1948! Friendly FFL transfers of long guns, receivers, and ammunition. Feel free to call us at 516 741 4466

Comment

Oops - thanks Ron.

And a HUGE thank you to Mike, aka Yaphank Kid who took care of it in short order for me and frigging delivered it to the range I was shooting at this morning.
              Woo hoo!
              This LIGC thing is turning out to be one hell of a big gathering of the good guys.

Comment

Originally posted by pandm View Post
                Oops - thanks Ron.

And a HUGE thank you to Mike, aka Yaphank Kid who took care of it in short order for me and frigging delivered it to the range I was shooting at this morning.
                Woo hoo!
                This LIGC thing is turning out to be one hell of a big gathering of the good guys.
                Another lesson I presume? How's it coming along?

Comment

Originally posted by DrBrianDDS View Post

Another lesson I presume? How's it coming along?
                  No lesson this time.
                  Just Mike being one amazing stand up guy.
                  Not only does he know what he's doing, he takes the time to tell you what he's doing.

Planning on going Friday for a bit of practice.
                  You game?
                  C'mon - screw work!!

Comment

Working...
                  X