DP-12 vs. Keltec KSG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DP-12 vs. Keltec KSG

Been thinking about getting one or the other. Not sure which. The KSG is roughly half the price of the DP-12, which appeals to me. Your expert advice would be appreciated.

DP-12 is amazing. I actually had to send my Keltec back and get a refund bc of all the failures.

Used the $ to buy DP-12 and love that fucking thing.

Comment

Does the Keltec have reliability issues?

Comment

If you call shooting your hand of reliability issues than yes.

Google is your friend

Comment

Originally posted by stymie cosentino View Post
          Does the Keltec have reliability issues?
          The polymer rail had a vertical grip attached and that's what causef the rail to snap. Hand got in front of the muzzle and BOOM.

There are other options for grips and there are extended aluminum rails that attach to the polymer ones. Both are great but require you to learn a new manual of arms to use. The two rounds per pump of the DP12 throws me off

Comment

The Keltec received a lot of bad reviews when it first came out.

This is a comparison video. It is long (30 minutes).

Below is a time line for sections of the video:

-Specs of both shotguns- starts @
            0:54
            -Shooting with discussion- starts @10:21
            -Pros vs Cons – starts @ 23:21
            -Conclusion – starts @ 30:36

Comment

They started to make a UTAS that only holds 9 rounds total. It's pretty slick.

In my mind the DP-12 is pretty heavy.
              High quality building supplies since 1948! Friendly FFL transfers of long guns, receivers, and ammunition. Feel free to call us at 516 741 4466

Comment

Originally posted by Volkosupply View Post
                They started to make a UTAS that only holds 9 rounds total. It's pretty slick.

In my mind the DP-12 is pretty heavy.
                Hit the gym you skinny shit.

Comment

Originally posted by Dank27 View Post

Hit the gym you skinny shit.
                  bro i've put like an inch on each arm and two inches on my legs, all while dropping an inch from my waist.

the increase in calorie intake was painful in both the time it took out of my day to eat, the increase in my grocery bills, and the time spent cooking.

is there a "do you even lift bro" meme?

or as one of my buddies once told me...."dude you weigh less than 180 lbs....your six pack doesn't count!"

but in all seriousness the dp-12 is a man gun. part of the reason for that weight is how solid the receiver is. everything on the ksg feels plastic fantastic compared to handling a dp-12.

me personally? I'll stick to my wood stock 870. found it in the corner at volko, it's older than me, and super slick. i'm confident in its ability to get the job done.
                  High quality building supplies since 1948! Friendly FFL transfers of long guns, receivers, and ammunition. Feel free to call us at 516 741 4466

Comment

Was at the range with a guy shooting his keltec for the first time.kept jamming.wouldnt feed unless you smacked the side of the rail.he was returning it.
                    "There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self."

Comment

KSGs: we've sold more than 100 of them. We have now sent one in for a repair. Never had the first gen models, all second gens. Sounds pretty good to me.

DP-12s; First LI gun store to have them I think, and we've sold many of them, haven't counted, but certainly more than 40. One customer has over 2000 rounds through his, documented all different rounds. Slugs, buck , birdshot. No failure to feed in any position. Intentionally trying to get it to fail for a video and he can't make it fail. Brought it here after shooting 2000 rounds to have us clean it for him, its very first cleaning! Never saw a dirtier gun, still working fine.

The DP-12 is heavy. The KSG is not.

The guy who shot his hand off with the KSG was using and aftermarket grip, not the KSG handguard. He modified the gun and paid a dear price. Not Keltec's fault.
                      LI Ammo, 2 Larkfield Rd. East Northport,

Comment

I ran through 40 slugs in my ksg first range trip without a single hiccup. Of course the shit ammo looked like I was firing a muzzleloader. Got a lot of looks at calverton. LOL my ksg is bone stock, I'm not attaching anything that might break off on the slide.

Eta: mine was the first that Karp transfered before becoming a dealer.

Comment

Never had much of an interest in these. I've played with them a bit at the range, but my 870's have always been my go-to sgn's.

But the KSG is starting to pique my interest.....
                          “The Wise are silent, the Foolish speak, and children are thus led astray.”
                          Algernon Blackwood

Comment

Originally posted by SimpleMan View Post
                            The Keltec received a lot of bad reviews when it first came out.

This is a comparison video. It is long (30 minutes).

Below is a time line for sections of the video:

-Specs of both shotguns- starts @
                            0:54
                            -Shooting with discussion- starts @10:21
                            -Pros vs Cons – starts @ 23:21
                            -Conclusion – starts @ 30:36

thanks, great video. leaning towards KSG

Comment

Originally posted by Dan 0351 View Post
                              Never had much of an interest in these. I've played with them a bit at the range, but my 870's have always been my go-to sgn's.

But the KSG is starting to pique my interest.....
                              I've got a 590A1 as my go to. But the price of the KSG... I feel the call.....

Comment

Working...
                              X