Paramedic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paramedic?

Anyone here a medic? I had my EMT-B a while back, but had let it expire when I moved out of state many years ago. Looking to pick it back up and going for my Paramedic soon. Been out of the field or a while and just seeing whats up.
    Brandon

NRA LIFE | SAF | UT / NH / FL / CT / NY CCW | RSO | FREEPORT R&R

What info do you need?

Comment

Originally posted by FDEMTNYC View Post
      What info do you need?
      Mostly which schools are popular now. I know the program at Stony Brook was highly regarded when I worked there, as well as the North Shore Univ Hospital program... both tough to get in to though IIRC. I see Suffolk Community now has a Associates Paramedic Program (which is close to me), but have no clue of if its a quality program or not. Not looking to spend a couple years in a program that is not up to par.

I'm currently in the process of talking with a few volley departments to see what they require/offer. I believe Patchogue Ambulance will assist with the cost of EMT-P (according to their website) and is close to me, so hopefully that works out.

I had been a fire/ems volley in Rocky Point, worked for a private ambulance company and also in the ER at Stony Brook a while back. Miss it all immensely and looking to get back in to it.
      Brandon

Comment

God bless and happy hunting! I’m so glad huntington doesn’t do EMS

Comment

How long has your EMT cert been expired?

Comment

Mine just expired....about 21 years ago. I've been saying, "I gotta' refresh" for more than 2 decades! I keep pushing it aside for my plans on going back to the gym.....
            "The Open Carry guy is my decoy."

Comment

It’s all the same shit.........4x4’s fix everything.

Comment

Originally posted by FDEMTNYC View Post
                How long has your EMT cert been expired?
                EMT-B has been expired about half the amount of time of Dan... still a decent amount of time out of it though.
                Brandon

Comment

Originally posted by xcentrk View Post

EMT-B has been expired about half the amount of time of Dan... still a decent amount of time out of it though.
                  You’re definitely going to have to go through the EMT-B course again. Your best bet would be to join your local volly, they’ll send you to the class, at no cost other than showing up to jump on the bus once or twice a month. And you’ll probably save a few bucks on your property tax, too. Any other questions, don’t hesitate to shoot me a message......I’ve been playing the EMS game in NYC since ‘02, I’m also a certified instructor. Lol

Comment

Working...
                  X